Sister

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 4

The lights at 221B Baker Street were lit and the inhabitants of the flat were awaiting the arrival of a likely visitor. Sherlock was fiddling with his violin, by the window that was facing Baker Street. John, impatiently sat in his armchair, was counting the seconds and minutes before it was 8pm.

8:01

"She's not coming?" John said, his leg shaking from all the stress. Sherlock adorned him with a look that simply told John that he's an idiot.

8:02

Sherlock and John both perked up when they heard the door downstairs open and Mrs. Hudson sigh.

"Welcome back, the boys are upstairs" she said, as politely as she could. Of course, there was no response from Miss Holmes.

"What's her name?" John whispered quickly but Sherlock didn't have enough time to reply because the door swung open and she marched in, planting herself on the couch once more.

This time, she was wearing a flowy black  dress (what is it with the Holmes family and the color black?) that reached down to her ankles, paired with a pair of simple cream colored flats. Her hair was done up in a chignon, with a flower that matched the color of her flats clipped into the middle. Her makeup was minimal, but she gave off the overall vibe of trying to impress someone. John had tried to guess who, but after all he was only Doctor Watson, not the great Sherlock Holmes.

She checked the time impatiently, as though waiting for either John or Sherlock to start the conversation.

"Fine" she sighed, "I'm here because Sherlock owes me an explanation for why he completely stopped acknowledging my existence after he moved in with you".

She crossed her arms in anger and stared at Sherlock, who looked really shaken and afraid to speak.

"We were partners in crime, Sherlock. Me being your little sister, we did everything together, and then you went and found yourself a replacement. I would have been fine with that, except you didn't say anything to me, I didn't hear a word from you for the past two years" a tear rolled down her cheek.

"My name is Natalie. Natalie Holmes. You wanted to know" she said, addressing John, a few more tears rolling down her cheeks. She looked at Sherlock once again, a pleading look in her eyes, then sighed and left the flat slowly.

~

Sherlock you have to do something about it.
-JW

I know. I will.
-SH

What?
-JW

You'll see tomorrow. She'll come again tomorrow.
-SH

How do you know? She seemed mad.
-JW

She's my sister, of course I know.
-SH

I'll put my faith in you Sherlock. Fix this, she is deeply hurt.
-JW

I know... And it hurts me too. I will fix this.
-SH

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What's the farthest you've ever been away from home?
-The farthest I've ever been is Venice.