America: 2

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 2 (Last Part)

It had been seven and a half months since Sherlock and John had seen each other. John had helped his parents settle into their new apartment and now he wanted to go back to England. However, his parents kept delaying him, asking for his help, and obviously not wanting him to go back to London.

John suspected it had something to do with Sherlock and the lifestyle he was leading because his parents had always thought that John put himself in too much danger for Sherlock Holmes. They never bothered to understand that John loved his job and loved living and solving crimes with the 'crazy' Sherlock Holmes.

John was getting more and more homesick, day by day, and he was becoming more cut off from the outside world. He just spent all of his time inside the house reading up on Sherlock's antics, and the news that were happening in London. In the evening and the morning, he would usually Skype with Sherlock, just to check on how he was doing. John was making sure that his friend ate properly, got enough sleep, and was ready to solve all kinds of cases.

Sherlock, across the ocean, was also tremendously missing his best friend. He would never admit it, but he needed John beside him when he went crime solving. The evening would be really lonely without John, and it would be really weird waking up to an empty apartment. Mrs. Hudson regularly checked up on Sherlock, making sure he was doing okay. John had instructed Mrs. Hudson to take away all of his drugs, and Sherlock willingly gave them up, because he knew that the loneliness he felt would eventually lead to drug use, and he didn't want to disappoint John.

It was a gloomy day in America (and a gloomy day in England too) when John had finally had enough. It was 5:45 am, and he had been lying in bed for hours, when he got up and quietly packed his suitcase. He carried it downstairs, and was about to walk out the front door when his mother shuffled down the stairs.

"John?" She called out, "Is that you?"

"Yeah Ma, it's me" John cringed, not even turning around to face her.

"Where are you going?" She sounded really mad. John turned to face her.

"I have a plane to catch" he said, strongly and with emphasis.

"Where?"

"London, Mom. London" he said.

"John... That city has nothing for you... Stay here. We can find you a stable job, a great wife, rent you a flat, you'll do great here" she said, crossing her arms.

"My heart lies in London Mom, I'm sorry" John whispered.

"Sweety, that city has had a bad influence on you, not to mention that Sherlock Holmes, he's a drug addict" she said.

"Sherlock's not a drug addict" he gritted through his teeth.

"Yes he is. He takes drugs almost every day" she murmured.

"Only sometimes and only to speed up his brain. I'm making him quit" John said.

"John. It's not good for you. Stay here. You can marry, have kids" she said again.

"No mom, I have to go" he said turning towards the door again.

"Sherlock Holmes will endanger you too much one day. You will get hurt John" she whispered.

"Living a dangerous life with Sherlock is a million times better than living a nonexistent life here" John remarked.

"He's a dangerous man" Mrs. Watson said.

"I love him"

"I know he's your friend but it's not going to end well" she hissed.

"No. I mean that I actually love him, Mom. Bye now" he muttered and walked out of the door, not even bothering to close it behind him.

It was only on the plane that John finally relaxed. He was going home. Everything was going to be fine.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What's your favorite scent in a candle?
-Mine is Cotton or like fresh linen. However I have a berry flavored one from IKEA and it smells absolutely lovely.