Pie

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 3

Sherlock lay in bed, both eyes open and staring at the ceiling. He was thinking of the events that took place that day, the return of Moriarty. John's light snoring snapped him from his thoughts. He had insisted that John sleeps with him tonight so nothing bad could happen, through the course of the night. John shifted a little bit alongside Sherlock, turning so he was facing the opposite wall, he exhaled in his sleep and resumed the quiet snoring. Sherlock sighed, if something were to happen to John, he could never forgive himself.

Ding.

You can't always keep him close, Sherlock.
-M

Yes, I can, and I will.
-SH

Good luck with that, Sherlock Holmes.
-M

Or is it Holmes-Watson now?
-M

What do you want from me?
-SH

I want you to give me what you avoided all those years ago.
-M

My death?
-SH

Your collapse.
-M

I want you gone, Sherlock Holmes. I want you erased off the face of this earth. I want people to not even remember you in a couple of years, because of all the 'horrible' things you did.
-M

I didn't do anything horrible.
-SH

Not yet.
-M

Like you said, Sherlock. The curtain rises, and the East Wind is getting a little impatient now.
-M

Stories from my childhood don't interest me anymore.
-SH

What if I told you that your childhood stories would soon become your adult nightmares?
-M

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What is your 4-year goal? In other words, where do you want to be in 4 years?
-In 4 years, I want to be graduating university, receiving my diploma and starting to look for a job that my degree is going to make available for me.