Fixes

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 5

Beneath the musty atmosphere of 221B, if one looked closely, they would be able to see Sherlock Holmes, curled up in a fetus position on the floor amongst millions of papers and three laptops. Pen in one hand, he was writing something furiously, occasionally switching to one of the three laptops. If somebody not accustomed to Sherlock's ways were to see him like this, they would probably turn around and leave the same way they came, without even bothering to ask for an explanation. However, that was not the case for our friend John Watson, who sat patiently in an armchair, watching Sherlock and making sure he didn't have any questions. After all, John was the more human one, so questions pertaining to feelings of people, John could answer much better than Sherlock. Thus, with the setting of the current atmosphere, our story begins.

"She's probably changed since she was a kid, John. I don't even know what she likes anymore. We're a complicated family, I can't just take her out to dinner and be done with it" Sherlock said, burrowing his head in his hands and falling over to his side.

"I think you only have once choice here" John said, mentally chuckling to himself because he knew that Sherlock has been avoiding this... Choice.

Sherlock looked up from the floor, John only seeing his eyes.

"No" he pleaded.

John nodded in silence.

"It's the only option, Sherlock" John said again.

"Fine" and with that Sherlock grabbed his coat off of the rack by the door and was out of the flat in less then two seconds.

Ten minutes later, he was back, fuming and angrier than John had ever seen him be before. He flung his coat onto the couch and, with a loud thud, landed back on the floor, making a few papers lift off the ground and flutter back down slowly.

"So?" the doctor asked, hesitantly.

"Well, Mycroft told me everything but it took quite a bit of coaxing and blackmail to get him to do it. I know what I'm doing now" Sherlock perked up at John's words.

Later that evening, at 8pm, the flat was all set up to greet the visitor warmly. There were lights strung all around the flat, turning from a light pink to a baby blue and back again. Her favorite evening tea was set on the table, accompanied by Mrs. Hudson's famous biscuits, layered with some apricot jam. The flat was clean, the beakers put away (it took John a long time to convince Sherlock to do that), and the two men were patiently sitting in their armchairs, their knees slightly touching, talking about the next case, and awaiting the arrival of Natalie.

Promptly at 8, there was a change of scenery. Of course, the doorbell didn't ring and the woman just skipped her way up the stairs and walked into the flat. However, today, instead of sitting down, she froze in the entrance way. She glanced around the room as tears threatened to spill out of her blue eyes.

"I never knew you cared so much" she said, her voice feeling small in the quiet flat.

"You're my sister. With a little help from our dear brother, I was able to put this together" he gestured around the room, "for you".

"So you did know what I was talking about?" She said, smiling a small smile and taking a few steps forward.

"Yes, and with John's help I was able to understand more fully what you were feeling and then try my best to fix it. Hopefully, I succeeded. This is one case that really does matter to me more than all the others" Sherlock said, patting John on the back.

John couldn't believe that he was hearing those kinds of words from a man who was usually very closed off and didn't express emotions, so his mouth hung open as a reaction to what Sherlock had just said.

Natalie came forward and threw her arms around her brother, pulling him into a hug. Sherlock accepted it, giving her a small older-brotherly kiss on the cheek.

"Visit more sis" he whispered, just loudly enough for John to hear.

"I will. I definitely will" she said, pulling away and composing herself.

Then, with a small nod of her head, she disappeared as though she was carried away by the wind, like rose petals that thought it was their time to be separated from the rose bud.

Sherlock and John expected her arrival the next day, and the next day, but it didn't come. Finally, on the fourth day, Sherlock emitted a dry laugh, looked at John and told him that she's not coming back.

There was no explanation, but somehow, John did yearn for one.

Somehow, maybe it was because he lived with Sherlock Holmes, but he knew that she was okay and that rose petals separate from their rose bud eventually, and this was her time.

A/N: Sooooooo? What did you guys think? That was the last part :D I loved writing this, all the descriptions and stuff.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What's your favorite TV show?
-Mine is definitely Sherlock, but since it's on hiatus, it's Once Upon A Time (which, sadly, is on hiatus too) rip all my shows :(