Elsie: 2

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 2

"Sherlock" John said, "Why is she in here? In her shirt, with no pants on?" John pointed to the woman who had now moved on to sit in Sherlock's armchair. She swung her left leg over her right and glared at John, sipping her tea.

"She showed up. Said she had a case for us" Sherlock said, standing on his tip toes to push the coffee jar into the back of the kitchen cabinet.

"When? Exactly did she show up?" Asked John, starting to get a little infuriated.

"Yesterday" Sherlock shrugged.

"Yesterday?!" John was outraged now, "What do you mean yesterday?!"

"She showed up yesterday evening" Sherlock muttered.

"And she didn't leave?!" John fumed more and more.

"No?" Sherlock sounded really guilty now.

"Sherlock! You can't be doing that anymore. I thought you would learn that by now, you can't just have random women over anytime you want, it's not okay. We're.. you know..." John coughed. He shuffled in place awkwardly, trying to cover his eyes away from Sherlock's prying ones.

"John, I didn't mean to upset you, these feelings are still quite new for me and I'm sorry if I made you feel bad" Sherlock whispered, taking a small step towards John, who had his head down, staring at his shoes.

"It's fine, Sherlock" John shrugged, shaking his head and chuckling a little, "Let's just get on with the case, I suppose".

"John, I..."

"Never mind that" John interrupted, putting his hand up to stop Sherlock from speaking another word.

"What's your case?" John spat out, turning to Elsie.

"A good one" she stood up, retrieving her black pants from the couch and tugging them on, tucking her shirt into the waistband, "If you would meet me at Scotland Yard at 3 today? I'll have it ready for you".

She picked up her jacket from the coat rack and swiftly exited the apartment.

"John"

"Leave it, Sherlock" John sighed.

"No, John, I..."

"I said" John raised his voice, "leave it".

Sherlock bowed his head and listened as John walked to the bedroom and closed the door behind him.

Sherlock bit his lip and sat down on the bar stool in the kitchen and sighed.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
If you use mascara, what's your favorite mascara?
-Mine is the colossal volum' one from maybelline, or the physicians formula one.
If you don't wear mascara, I still have a question for you. What's your favorite flavor for medicine?
-Mine is lemon or some sort of citrus.