Doctor

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 1

(A/N: Here's the first part of the Doctor Who & Sherlock crossover. I'm going to be using the 12th Doctor and Clara because those two are my favorite. Enjoy!)

Whoosh. Whoosh. Whoosh.

John was jolted awake by the loud sound that was seemingly coming from the narrow strip of a backyard behind 221. He rubbed his eyes, sleep disappearing along with the loud sound. He listened intently, deciding not to wake Sherlock up because the detective was actually sleeping soundly next to him and when did Sherlock ever sleep.

John slid out of bed, trying to make not loud sounds, and tiptoed to the window. The flat was cold now that the safe haven of the duvet cover was gone from John's body. His bare feet carried him to the window and he pulled open the right side of the curtain. John peered out into the backyard, glancing to the left and then glancing to the right, not finding anything peculiar. He was about to head back to bed, but before he did that, he glanced to the left and saw a blue police public call box in the corner, near where the entrance gate was. John furrowed his eyebrows, was he dreaming? That had never been there before. He closed the curtain and lifted it again, just to make sure that his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. He was convinced when the box hadn't moved.

A slight glow emitted from the tinted windows as if beckoning John to come closer. He tiptoed out of the room and into the living area. He looked for his jacket and then realized that he wasn't wearing much in the sense of pants, so he grabbed Sherlock's long coat instead. He wrapped that around him, finding that it reached down to his ankles and almost touched the ground. He turned the coat collar up and slipped into a pair of house slippers and headed outside.

He rounded the bend and pulled open the backyard door, stepping into the alleyway cautiously. John pivoted on his heels and faced the, what seemed to be, the entrance to the Police Public Call Box. He reached out to grab the handle, something alluring about a giant object that had not been there a couple of hours ago, beckoned him to pull it open.

However, before he had the chance to pull on the handle, the door swung open, almost hitting John in the face. In the doorway now stood a man that looked like he was about 55: gray hair and the slight wrinkling of the arms and face. He was wearing a velvet maroon coat and his blue eyes were scanning John, head to toe. Behind him, a woman of about 28, peaked over his shoulder.

She smiled big, her eyes lighting up and she pushed the man a little to the side.

"Hi!" she extended her hand, "I'm Clara".

"Clara?" John asked, a little confused but still shaking her hand.

"Clara Oswald" she reiterated. 

"And..." John looked up at the man, "You are?"

"I'm the Doctor"

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Who's your favorite Doctor, if you watch Doctor Who?
-My favorite Doctor is the 12th Doctor tbh but I love them all, they're my babies.

If you don't watch Doctor Who, what's your favorite fruit?
-Mine is apples. I could eat them every day.