Eiffel

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 3

It's nice.
-SH

Told you.
-JW

Sherlock pushed his coat collar even more up, shielding himself from the wind that was blowing on top of the Eiffel Tower.

Even though it was hard for Sherlock to admit, John was right. They lived so close to Paris and had never visited, what a shame.

Surprisingly, for both John and the reader, Sherlock was actually enjoying himself. He wasn't thinking about what kind of work he was missing out on and he wasn't thinking about cases, he was simply strolling through the narrow paved streets of Paris with his best friend, smiling and laughing. John was simply astounded, he had never seen the great Sherlock Holmes be so carefree. Of course, it was still Sherlock, so all the cocky remarks were still there and he whined a lot, but it wasn't anything a simple question couldn't fix.

~

"John do we have to walk that far, can't we take a cab or the tube?" Sherlock dragged his feet along the pavement.

"Yes, Sherlock we have to walk that far. There's not as many cabs as London here, and the tube is called the metro, by the way" John laughed, "Besides. Isn't this fun? Look, why is that sign there?"

That was enough to keep Sherlock rambling for the next fifteen minutes.

John was very glad that Sherlock agreed to take this trip with him. It was out of his comfort zone, but it was good for him. He needed rest, the dark circles under his eyes had become almost black.

~

After walking around the whole day and seeing a lot of the main points of Paris, Sherlock and John stumbled into the hotel room, some grocery bags in their hands. Sherlock set his bag down next to the mini-fridge and then fell onto the bed, as he did the previous day, but this time he didn't even take off his coat and shoes. While John put away the small amount of groceries they had bought, Sherlock fell into a deep slumber.

Chuckling, John pulled the shoes and coat off of Sherlock and dragged him further onto the bed. Then, he put a blanket over him, mimicking the nice gesture that Sherlock had done the day before. He smiled, looking down at the sleeping figure of his friend (A/N: I did NOT mean that to sound so creepy haha), shaking his head and then heading into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

When he came back into the room, Sherlock looked like a cat, curled up into a ball on his bed. Chuckling again, John got into his own bed and fell asleep in under two minutes.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Do you like airplane food or no?
-I feel like I'm the only one in the world, but I do like airplane food haha.