Trigger

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 1

"Do it" said Sherlock, his voice low and almost unintelligible with a slight hint of worry in it.

"Sherlock... No" John's voice was trembling, a sign of a man who was scared beyond belief.

"You have to..."

"There has to be another way"

"There isn't"

"There always is though. Think of something, Sherlock. Please" a tear ran down John's cheek and he let it fall onto the collar of his army green jacket.

"Blah blah blah. I'll give you some credit, this is cute. NOW MOVE ON. Aim for the heart Dr. Watson, he seems to have one. Surprise, surprise" Moriarty emerged from the corner and laughed maniacally, hands behind his back.

John, Sherlock and Moriarty were standing on the edge of a dimly lit pool, a familiar setting for our friends. John had a gun pointed towards his best friend and a red dot on his heart. 

"You matter more. I'm not going to do it" Watson said.

"If you don't somebody else will" right when Sherlock said that, a red dot appeared on his head. Sherlock shrugged, almost saying, told you so to his friend.

"Come on Doctor Watson, if you don't I will and you don't want that do you?" Moriarty chuckled and pulled out a revolver from the right inside pocket of his suit. 

John Watson's eyebrows furrowed, concentration evident on his face. His eyes were trained on Sherlock's, their gazes locked in a silent conversation. Sherlock raised a brow, he noticed that John had devised some sort of plan. Doctor Watson gave a slight nod to Sherlock, so slight that nobody else in the room would notice it and waited for Sherlock's okay. Then he fired the gun.

John fired the gun so precisely that it only missed Sherlock's arm by a centimeter or two. Sherlock, realizing the plan, quickly fell to the floor and clutched his heart. 

The army doctor made a quick 180 turn. John fired a shot into Moriarty's heart. The bullet, as if in slow motion, entered and exited Moriarty's chest in mere seconds. Blood spewed out of the wound and Jim collapsed to the cold tiled floor of the pool. However, before he was knocked out cold, he was able to shout 'LIAR' and John heard another shot. He didn't have enough time to whirl around and see if Sherlock was okay, because he was knocked out by a hard metal object that made contact with the back of his head. 

Before John lost consciousness, he heard a blood-curdling scream that could only belong to Sherlock Holmes.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Do you like rainy days?
-I love rainy days, especially if I have some hot chocolate and a blanket and Sherlock is playing XD