Decision

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 1

Sherlock walked on the sandy beach, the ocean breeze blowing gently through his unruly and curly hair that was starting to have grey streaks in it. He was fully clothed in a suit, with a dress shirt, void any shoes and socks. He was missing the accompaniment of his shorter friend, this time he walked with a polished wooden cane and an upset look behind his blue eyes. The detective, as usual, was hard to read, but even the best in the world would not be able to decipher his feelings at that precise moment. It was one of the rarest cases of when Sherlock felt something alien to himself, and that was sadness. Sadness that was accompanied by an emptiness in his heart... it felt heavy with guilt. Apologies were not his specialty and he could count exactly how many times he had done them on his fingers. He strolled on the beach, the waves occasionally spilling over his feet.

Meanwhile, John Watson, who was sitting in a stuffy flat somewhere on the edge of London, was typing away furiously on his computer. He was typing an edition for his blog, that he hadn't updated in a while. He hadn't written since Sherlock and him... Actually, let's just read his entry.

*Blog Entry*

19 October, 2037

As many of you probably interpreted, (if anyone still reads this), the Great Consulting Detective and I are no longer... how do I phrase this... in business. Sherlock and I have parted ways, a mutual decision. He and I have talked and decided that it would be best for the both of us because we have been doing this for a very long time and we thought that we were both running out of the physical and mental ability to solve cases on the same level as we did before. Of course, there was a turning point, but we can discuss that some other time. I do hope you understand this whole situation.

Yours, Truly Yours, 

John Watson

To Be Continued...

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What's one of the best things you've ever heard somebody say?
-One of my friends said this about her life: "I want to live, not survive". I thought that was so beautiful :D