Insults

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 1

"What are you doing?" Sherlock asked after an uncomfortable five minute silence between the pair.

"Writing my blog" was John's solid answer.

"Why?"

"It helps"

"With what?"

"Getting my mind off of things"

"What things?"

John gave Sherlock a cold look that made the detective cuddle more into his blanket that was draped over his shuddering form. Baker Street got quite cold during the Winter Time.

"It's not like anybody reads it" Sherlock whispered to himself and turned the TV back on.

John heard what was seemingly supposed to be unheard and slowly turned his head to Sherlock, his fingertips hovering mere centimeters above the laptop keyboard.

"What?" John croaked.

Sherlock looked up at him and recognized the hurt in John's eyes. His usually warm eyes were filled with so much pain, like he had just witnessed somebody die.

"John, that's not what I meant" the Detective straightened out.

"No. Save it. I bloody know what you meant" John smashed his computer closed, and left the room angrily. The whole building seemed to rattle when John slammed his bedroom door.

"Oh dear. Is everything okay Sherlock? Have you hurt John's feelings again?" Mrs. Hudson came up in a hurry, always serving as the worried mom for the duo.

"Yes, Mrs. Hudson, it seemes that I have" Sherlock curled more under his blanket.

"Dear, you can be quite careless with your words sometimes. You should apologize to him" Mrs. Hudson suggested.

"Yes. I'll consider it. Thank you Mrs. Hudson. Now don't you have some cookies in the oven that you need to attend to?" Sherlock hurried the elderly woman out the door and then locked it behind her.

'Apologies are not really my thing. He'll just come along on the case tomorrow', thought Sherlock.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What is your favorite smell?
-The smell of the air after it rains. I live for it.