Crime: 3

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 3 (Last Part)

"Why does this always happen to me?" said John, sitting in his armchair, still fully-clothed, a cold cup of tea next to him, hands in his lap, and his head hung low.

"As I've said before, you've chosen this kind of life style. Inadvertently, maybe, but you have chosen it. Your best friend is a sociopath, your ex-wife (at this, John gave Sherlock a glare) is a trained killer, and your sister is a trouble maker and drinker. I'm sorry, but this is who you are" Sherlock blabbered, hands in a pyramid shape under his chin.

"You're right. You're absolutely bloody right. Bloody hell. You're right!" John exclaimed, bringing his hands together in a clap, "Just one time though, one time, I wish you were wrong, Sherlock. I wish you were wrong"

"I'm sorry John, I truly am, I can be quite insensitive sometimes" Sherlock said, settling down in his arm chair, across from Dr. Watson.

"I understand Sherlock, I really do, I guess I'm just emotional right now. It's not every day that your wife... ex-wife... dies. You know?"John said, staring out of the living room window.

An hour and twenty minutes had passed before either man spoke a word. John just kept staring out of the window, in a daze, tears rolling down his cheeks occasionally. All the characteristics of a person in shock. Sherlock, on the other hand, was observing John intently, making sure he was okay and that he wouldn't just fall over at any second. Sherlock knew that his flat-mate was in shock, and he also understood why, but he didn't exactly know what to do. He racked his brain for answers, and other scenarios like this one, but nothing was coming to mind, because he had never had a friend like John, a friend that allowed themselves to be vulnerable in front of Sherlock.

Sherlock finally decided that it was best to get John to bed.

"Come on, come with me" Sherlock said, taking John by under the right arm, pulling him up off of the arm chair.

"Where.. Sherlock, where are you taking me? I don't want to go anywhere. Sherlock.." John said, his words slurring, his feet dragging on the floor, and his arms limp.

Sherlock felt like John was about to end up in a heap on the floor, so he put his right arm around John and held John's left arm with his own. Sherlock half carried John to the bedroom, and dropped him on the bed, putting the covers over him.

John shuffled under the covers, kicking off his shoes and pulling the covers up.

"Goodnight John" said Sherlock, giving John a kiss on the forehead before heading out of the bedroom.

"Thank you, Sherlock" mumbled John.

Sherlock smiled coyly and closed the door softly, heading to the living room to write some music for the violin.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Would you rather visit the world 100 years into the past or 100 years into the future?
-100 years ago was WWI, so I would rather not be present for that tbh. However, in 2116, I won't be alive (unless I live past 100), so I would like to see where the future takes us. It would be so cool to see how technology has advanced, and how the world had changed.