Paris

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 2

A furious Sherlock stumbled off the airplane, muttering something under his breath, his rather large hands balled up into fists. John tried to catch up with the detectives long strides, but failed miserably and was forced to lightly jog to be able to keep the same pace as Sherlock.

"Why do we have to be stuffed in a tin box to get from a place to place?" Sherlock shouted, making John jump a little bit from the harsh tone.

"My legs are too damn long for those airplanes!" Sherlock hopped down the stairs, skipping two at a time, pissing John off more and more.

Eventually, Sherlock calmed down and the long awaited 'vacation' started.

Paris.

Sherlock and John decided on Paris because it was close to home, so if anyone needed Sherlock urgently, the duo could be home in a couple of hours. They also decided on Paris because neither of them had ever been there and John insisted that they had to see the beauty of the city of love because "We are so damn close to it Sherlock, it's absurd that we've never been". Needless to say, however, that it was very hard to ensure that Sherlock did not bring all of his chemistry materials on the airplane. He always tried to sneak something, so he wouldn't get bored.

Before leaving, they told Lestrade and Molly that they would be out of town for five days and to only bother them with "the most important of cases and only if they were completely stuck" according to John.

Upon arriving and checking into the hotel, Sherlock fell onto the bed flat on his face, discarded his coat and one of his shoes and fell asleep. John, understanding that the detective doesn't get much sleep at all (I mean one hour a night on some nights doesn't count right?), settled down on an armchair in the corner of the room and sipped on some tea while reading the local newspaper (John had a very very limited French vocabulary). He knew Sherlock wouldn't be asleep for long, maybe an hour or two.

~Two and a half hours later~

Sherlock awoke suddenly, with a jolt. He sat up, picking at the curls on his head. He felt weird... He felt rested. For the first time in what had seemed like years, Sherlock wasn't tired.

"Jo.." The detective tried to yell for his companion out of excitement but stopped mid-word when he saw that John was dozing off in the corner with a happy smile on his face, an empty cup and a newspaper that was open to the 9th page and was now falling out of his hands. Sherlock couldn't help but crack a warm smile at the scene, and snap a picture. He took the paper and cup out of John's hands, put a blanket over him and retired to his own bed to watch TV.

"Rubbish" Sherlock whispered, agitated with what was on the telly, "Who would get married at 14? Or married at all?"

"Rubbish. Again!" He said, "Why would you think he's not cheating on you? He's obviously never been faithful, look at the folds on his sleeves!"

Sherlock threw pens at the television set, he threw crumbled up pieces of paper and whatever else he could find that wouldn't damage the screen too much. However, upon throwing his shoe at the TV, after a particularly annoying program, he woke John up.

"Sherlock! What are you doing?" Said John, looking at the pile of discarded stuff that was now starting to form on the floor underneath the TV.

"Bored" Sherlock gave a dry laugh in response.

John shook his head and picked up his phone, an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

Ding.

Thanks for the blanket.
-JW

Sherlock didn't reply to the text but he smiled, a warm feeling spreading through his heart.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Who's your favorite character from Sherlock?
-This might be an obvious and plain answer but... Mine is Sherlock. I actually love him.