Wild

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 2 (Last Part)

For @elemental_author

"Hey John," Sherlock said from the couch, mid yawn.

"I'm not making you tea again just because the last five went cold, Sherlock. Just warm it up in the microwave" John scoffed.

"No, no, that's not what I want. I was thinking back to that text you sent a couple of months ago" Sherlock replied.

"I've sent you a lot of texts Sherl, you're going to have to be a little more specific" John laughed, a confused expression on his face.

"The one about the date"

"Again Sherlock, which one, I've been on many"

The rain seemed to be knocking on the living room window as if, it too, wanted to be in a warm room that smelled of cinnamon and cardamom tea.

Pausing, Sherlock questioned if the next words that were about to come out of his mouth were really the words he wanted John to hear. He repeated the phrase twice in his head and decided that it was  a perfectly fine thing to ask someone.

"The one with the guy"

John almost chocked on the sip of tea he was taking.

How had he remembered about that so many months later.

John did wonder for a while why Sherlock didn't ask about that when he found out. I guess not he was going to get his answer.

"What about it?" John's quiet voice broke the silence.

"I find nothing wrong with it but I just wanted to know... how come you didn't tell me?" Sherlock asked, sitting up on the couch and making direct eye contact with his flat mate.

The rain got more and more persistent at knocking on the window, but the men seemed to forget that the outside world had even existed.

It was a long time before John finally spoke again.

"I was... scared" John looked at his socks.

"Of...?"

"Of you not accepting me. You've always appeared to be quite bad at dating and relationships, so I didn't know how you would take the news. Nobody else knew, I had only discovered that about myself a couple of months prior to the date I went on" John's words flooded out of his mouth as he felt the weight lift off his shoulders.

Sherlock didn't let John see the tear that rolled down his cheek.

"I will always accept you. Always" Sherlock said, taking a few large steps towards John, who was sitting on the edge of his armchair, his head hung low and his hands in his lap. Sherlock gave John a big hug that lasted for longer than John had expected it to, after all, Sherlock Holmes didn't hug at all.

"Thanks Sherlock" John smiled.

A/N: I started writing this chapter and just kind of let my fingers do the tapping... let me know what you think.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What's your favorite time of year?
-Mine's October 27th to January 7th. I think that time is awesome!! We have my birthday, my dads birthday, Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, most of my friends' birthdays, New Years, and also Winter Break haha.