America: 1

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 1

Sherlock, are you busy? My shift is going to end a little early today, are you at home? I forgot my keys.
-JW

Client. Boring. Will be done in five minutes.
-SH

Okay, see you soon, then.
-JW

John finished cleaning up his workstation, signed a few papers, issued three prescriptions, and finally packed up to head home. He took a cab (almost falling asleep in the back), and in fifteen minutes he was home.

John walked into the flat, only to find his friend sprawled out on the floor, face down and his arms at his sides.

"He was that boring?" John chuckled.

"Immensely" Sherlock groaned in response.

Ding.

John took out his phone, recognizing the familiar sound of receiving a text message. He read it over quickly.

"My god" John clutched his forehead, and sat down on the couch, "Jesus".

"What is it?" Sherlock pushed himself up off of the floor so he was doing the cobra yoga pose now, concern written all over his face.

"My parents... They're moving to America" John said.

"That's not bad, why are you upset?" Sherlock said, sitting down on the couch, next to John.

"Because, they want me to come with them, Sherlock. They want me to get an actual job, whatever that implies, and they want me to be close to them because 'they're old now'" John frowned, "I don't want to leave London, I love it here. I'm used to it. I have a job. I have wonderful friends,  a great roommate. I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave you".

John shut off his phone, and put his head in his hands.

"I can't just say no, Sherlock, they're my parents. I have to go"  John said, looking up at his flat mate, "I have to go".

"I know. I know... Would you like me to come with you?" Sherlock offered.

"No, London needs you. England needs you, you need to be here to solve cases, to stop crime. I'll talk them into letting me come back, but I will help them settle in and everything..." John said.

~~At the airport~~

"Well. John" Sherlock clasped his hands together behind his back.

"Sherlock. We've said so many goodbyes, lets not, this time" John sighed, "I will be back, this is temporary, I promise".

"Thanks John, for everything, I will be right back here when you come back. Do what you must for your parents, then come back to work with me" Sherlock smiled.

John smiled back at him, thankful for the warm words that Sherlock was saying.

"Thanks Sherlock. My flight is boarding now, so I should probably go, see you soon" John grinned. He then hugged Sherlock, and the taller man wrapped his arms around John. It came so naturally to them. They hugged for a couple of seconds, trying to memorize each other.

They would never be truly alone, no of course not, nothing could separate John and Sherlock, not even an ocean.

They Skyped every day, John helped Sherlock with cases (mostly just filling in for his skull that Mrs. Hudson hid somewhere). Sherlock couldn't wait  for John to come back, because the time difference was really killer for the both of them, but he tried to be sympathetic towards John, so he never bugged him to come back.

All in due time.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Are you back in school now?
-I am. Today was my second day. It was okay, I'm just really tired, to be honest. I have pretty fun classes though. My classes this semester are sociology, western philosophy, american government, english and yearbook. I kind of wish my schedule last semester was this semesters schedule but it's okay.