Merry Christmas

A fire burned and crackled in the cozy flat. Stockings hung up on the mantlepiece, one red one with a big J and one green one with a big S.

The curtains on the windows were slightly open, letting in a little bit of the hustle and bustle of London into the flat.

An empty glass of bourbon was being nursed in long, slender fingers and a coffee cup was being clutched in shorter stubbier ones.

It was... peaceful, to say the least. The consistent ticking of the clock, symbolizing the passage of time was one of the few noises heard. All other noises were stifled by the snow falling outside and the warmth of the fire.

Two men, inseparable since day one, sat in their respective arm chairs, in front of the fire. Over the years of living, working, and loving together, their armchairs have inched closer and closer together, to where, now, they were touching each other.

The hands that weren't holding glasses or mugs, were joined together on the armrest of John's chair because - "Sherlock, your arms are longer!"

It was midnight, the far away announcement from Big Ben, in the form of chiming, told the inhabitants of 221B.

"Merry Christmas, Sherlock."

"Merry Christmas, John."

Smiles graced their faces and they both subconsciously leaned toward each other, John's head ending up on Sherlock's shoulder.

This was Eden.

[A/N: Oops! I know I haven't posted for like two years! I'm sorry! I've been so incredibly busy with college, but I'm at the happiest I've ever been & things are going really great. It felt so wrong to leave this book unfinished, so here I am, during Christmastime, with a Christmas themed one shot. Yes, this is the last one. After this, the book is complete. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me through 156 parts! That's absolutely kookoo. I'm eternally thankful for this opportunity & I'll cherish and treasure it for the rest of my days. The reason why I started this book was because I had an idea for a Christmas one shot, so it feels only right to end it where it began. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!
-Liz]

e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞r e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ Did e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ
You  e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ   e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ Miss  e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ
e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ Me? e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ  e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ?? e̸͕͍͇̳̱͓͚ͥ͗̑ͦ͝ṛ̛͉͕̮̼͚̣̜̅͘r̤̟̤̹̹͆̽͑̐́ȏ̶̧̰̽ͮ̒̉͞ȑ̞̱̻ͧ̃̓̿͝ͅ