New

A/N: I decided to put a little Word Cloud for the chapter? Maybe I could do it for every single chapter if you guys like it? I think it's cute :D

Individual Chapter

"No Sherlock" said John, sternly, "You can't go".

"But why" whined the Detective.

"Because I'm not letting you go to the 'drug den' for a 'case'" John made air quotes around certain words, and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Oh come on. I need a case. We haven't had one in two months. I can't handle this boredom. I need a case. I need one. You've taken my drugs, you've taken the gun, what am I to do, John?" Sherlock tugged at John's sweater sleeve.

"I'm sorry Sherlock, I'm sure a case will come along soon" John ran his hand through Sherlock's unruly curls.

"Lestrade called by the way, he wants you at the office for some reason" Sherlock sighed, "So you should go". 

"Um" John checked his phone, "Oh yeah there's the text, or rather ten texts. I guess I should go then".

John grabbed his coat and waved to Sherlock from the doorway, "see you soon".

Sherlock walked to the couch and fell onto it with a loud groan.

Meanwhile, after a fifteen minute cab ride, John made it to Scotland Yard and hurriedly walked to Lestrade's office.

"Greg?" He walked in, acknowledging the woman who was sitting by the window, "What's wrong?"

Greg looked up from his paperwork and smiled tiredly at John, "Ah John, so glad you could make it, please take a seat".

"John, this is Elsie Martin, she's new here and will be able to help Sherlock and you if you need it" Lestrade said, pointing to the woman, who, in turn, got up and shook John's hand. 

"Pleased to meet you" she said, with an American accent.

"American?" John nodded at Greg, "Interesting. FBI?"

"CIA" she grinned.

"How come Sherlock couldn't come along?" John faced Lestrade again.

"I didn't want him scaring Ms. Martin off, you know how he can be" Greg stifled a dry laugh.

"I've heard so much of Sherlock Holmes and you" she ran her hand down John's arm, and looked him in the eyes, "John Watson".

She reminded John so much of Irene Adler for some reason.

Ding.

She's flirting with you.
-SH

"Excuse me" said John and started texting a reply.

"Is that him?" Elsie said, over John's shoulder, "is that Sherlock Holmes".

"Yes" John said, not looking at her.

I know.
-JW

Be careful.
-SH

Are you jealous?
-JW

I'm bored.
-SH

You're jealous.
-JW

John put away his phone and faced Lestrade.

"Greg, do you have a case? Sherlock's going stir crazy" John sighed.

"Um" Greg opened one of his desk drawers and took out a file labeled 'Confidential', "Here take this".

"It's a case in America, Elsie brought it over because nobody there could solve it" Greg said as John took the case file from his hands.

"Thanks" John skimmed over the file, "I'll take this to Sherlock now, if you have nothing else for me?"

"Nope, I just wanted you to meet Elsie" Greg again gestured towards the woman that was now leaning against the windowsill.

"Alright, goodbye then" John nodded.

"Wait" Elsie said from the other side of the room, "Take this".

She walked to John and gave him a kiss on the cheek and slipped a thing sliver of paper into the case file, "Goodbye, John Watson", she said into his ear.

John shuffled nervously and nodded in Greg's direction again, and left the room. He rubbed his cheek and sighed, thinking about how a person can be so... forward.

He hailed a cab and got into the back.

He opened the file again and took out the sliver of paper which held a phone number: 559-275-1306.

He entered it into his mobile phone and hit enter.

Just so you know, I'm not.. available.
-JW

I know.
-Elsie

How?
-JW

I have my ways.
-E

Then why did you give me your number?
-JW

We'll be working together, I might as well.
-E

The kiss?
-JW

I wanted to know if it was actually true.
-E

What is?
-JW

Sherlock and you.
-E

Oh.. yeah. That's the unavailability.
-JW

Give my best to Sherlock, he's a lucky man.
-E

But then, so are you.
-E

I will.
-JW

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Would you like to hear more of Elsie? I could make like more stories or something with her in them?