Life

Individual Chapter
(A/N: from this point on in the story, Sherlock and John are together, now that we've crossed that point)

"Love is so powerful that it can make gravity disappear. And when you finally learn how to fly, somebody will cut your wings and then it's a long, hard, fall back to Earth"

"Hm?" Sherlock asked, perking up at the sound of John's voice.

"Oh sorry, I'm just reading something and this quote spoke to me" John replied, petting Sherlock's head full of black curls, that were sprawled out on John's thighs. Sherlock was stretched across the couch, his head on John's lap, drifting off to peaceful sleep, when John's words echoed through the flat.

"That's okay, what are you reading?" Sherlock asked, closing his eyes again.

"I'm not sure actually, it's some article from last weeks paper" John shrugged, trying to find the title of the article and failing miserably.

"From the Strand?"

John nodded in response, moving his eyes from the paper to Sherlock's tranquil face expression.

"Do you think it's true?" Sherlock asked.

"What is?"

"The quote. The one you just read" Sherlock chuckled at John's forgetfulness.

"Oh right!" John face palmed mentally, "Well, I think it's true, in some sense. When you really love someone and something happens, you're going to feel like you just dropped ten thousand feet".

"Is that how you felt when.. I.. you know, jumped off a building?" Sherlock opened one eye to get a view of John's face.

"Yes, that's how I had felt. I guess in the back of my head, I knew that you were always in danger of dying on a case or something, but I never expected it to happen. So when it did, it completely shattered me. I had planned on spending the rest of my life with you, or at least that's how it always seemed to me. Those plans soon came to a pretty abrupt stop, when I thought that your heart came to an abrupt stop" John said.

"I feel the need to apologize again, even though I have already apologized profusely before" Sherlock replied, both eyes open now, "I'm sorry".

John shook his head, "It's fine. It's in the past now".

"It is what is it?" Sherlock asked.

"It is what it is" John confirmed.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Do you like the rain or no?
-I like the rain, it's so soothing.