Oops

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 4 (Last Part)

[IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END]

"Oops. I lied. Again" Moriarty scoffed, a grin spreading on his face, "You must hate me"

Sherlock laid on the floor of the wagon, clenching his side. Moriarty had fired a quick bullet into the detectives side, leaving him mortally wounded. John jumped at the gunshot and hopped up to help Sherlock but, suddenly, there was a gun at his neck and he couldn't move another muscle.

Now it was John's turn to have a concerned look on his face, his best friend just a foot away from him and he was unable to get to him. The scrutiny written on Sherlock's face made John's blood run cold and bubble with anger.

So... One can plain as day see the situation. Both Sherlock and John were incapable of moving, of helping each other or disabling Moriarty. Their only hope was Lestrade and he didn't even know they were stuck in an abandoned part of the underground in an abandoned wagon.

Basically... Both Sherlock and John were completely screwed.

"John.." Sherlock winced and John's eyes flew down to meet Sherlock's, "Thank you. For everything. For being my best friend and colleague. You've helped immensely and I don't say it enough"

John's wanted to wipe the tear that was sliding down his cheek but he didn't.

"No Sherlock, don't do this, don't say goodbye. Now is not the time" John responded.

"But now is the time, you're both injured to the point of no return. Ten minutes, tops. Bye bye now. I'll let you die together" Moriarty winked at the both of them and slammed the door loudly on his way out. 

John sighed, his wrists killing him and the giant cut on his arm was starting to feel numb. He was feeling dizzy and he knew his body was giving in. Sherlock wasn't any better, bleeding out of the expansive wound that graced his side.

Jim was right, the men didn't have any more than ten minutes before their lives would be sucked out of them.

It had been five minutes when Sherlock started to pass out, glancing over at John and seeing that he was passed out cold. Worry really was the only thing on his mind now. That and immense pain.

The one thing he heard before passing out completely was a familiar voice yelling 'Found them' and a set of about five people barreling down the tunnel.

When Sherlock awoke he was in the hospital, naturally people with bullets lodged in their sides don't just go home, they stay in the hospital. By his side, his older brother and Lestrade by his side.

His brain was sluggish, unable to think straight and his vision was on the blurred side of the spectrum. However, through everything that wasn't going through his head, one thought did. He registered the fact that Lestrade's voice was the one he heard in the tunnel and the one that had come to his rescue.

"Where's John?" Sherlock's voice was hoarse from un-use which made him wonder how long he had been unconscious.

"He hasn't come out of his unconsciousness yet. Which is quite weird because his injuries were much less severe then yours. I'm sorry Sherlock, I think he suffered a bit more because he saw you get shot less than five feet away from him" Lestrade said.

Sherlock slumped back on his pillow, already exhausted from holding himself up.

This story ends here but Sherlock and John continued solving cases after the both of them got better. Sherlock got a bit more overprotective over John. John held on to the words that Sherlock uttered that dreaded night in the abandoned wagon. The friends have been through so much by now and it seemed like with every case they got better and better at their job. If you can even call this a job, it is so much better.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What did you guys think of that fourth wall break at the end?
- Honestly, I love breaking the fourth wall, I think it makes the story so
much more exciting :D

A/N: How would you guys look at a contest?  It would probably be something along the lines of you guys writing something and submitting it by a certain date. I would have first, second, and third place and ya'll would get prizes :D I don't know what that would be yet because I can't really ship anything but we'll figure something out. It'll probably be something like a You x _____ one shot or a drawing of some sort or something.

Anybody in favor of this? Comment "I like balloons" if you are :D