Elsie: 1

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 1

"Sherlock?" John walked into the seemingly empty apartment, swinging his keys around his pointer finger, "Sherlock, where are you?"

John shrugged his shoulders and plopped down in his chair. He pulled out his phone and read up on the current events and news.

"Hello?" said a female voice from behind John. John froze in his seat, quickly putting his phone away and standing up. He smoothed out his shirt and smiled at the woman who was walking down the hallway towards him. She looked oddly familiar to John. Her brown hair was down and she wore a blue and white button-down down that went down to just above her kneecaps.

'Is that Sherlock's?'  Thought John. 

"Um, yeah, hi. Where's Sherlock?" John asked, stifling a laugh. Sherlock rarely had anybody over, especially women. He hasn't had one over for about a year now, ever since they had gotten together

"He's just popped to the store for some coffee. Do you want some tea or some biscuits? I baked some today" she said, walking into the kitchen.

John was so confused, "No, I think I'm fine, thank you", he walked to stand in the doorway from the kitchen to the living room.

"Okay, I'll have some, though, if you don't mind, a " the lady said, already pouring some tea Sherlock's favorite cup (the one with the fireworks, John noted), not waiting for a response. 

"I'm sorry, but who are you exactly?" John said, still in a little bit of a shocked state. 

"Don't you remember me?" she chuckled, "The new girl? From America?"

John furrowed his eyebrows, he knew she looked familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Elsie?" she laughed, "Elsie Martin?"

"Oh! That's right! From about a month ago? At Lestrade's office?" John remembered.

"That's me!" her American sounded very foreign to John.

"I'm sorry, Elsie, but that doesn't quite explain why you're here?" John sat down on a chair in the kitchen and Elsie soon took the seat across from him.

"Sorry, I should have mentioned" she took a sip of her Earl Grey tea and then added a teaspoon of sugar and stirred it in, "Sherlock invited me".

John looked up at her, "Sherlock?"

She nodded, not averting her gaze from John's.

Suddenly, there was a fumbling noise outside the door and the sound of keys going into a keyhole and the door swung open, to reveal a very tired Sherlock carrying a big jar of coffee. 

"Oh," he looked into the kitchen and smiled, "Hello John".

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
What's some really good news that you've heard recently? 
-Mine would be learning that I got accepted to be a CIT (counselor-in-training) at the theater camp that I've gone to for the past three years. I am looking forward to this summer so much!