John

Individual Chapter

A/N: So I've decided to continue yesterday's part, and follow up on the events of the episode. 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

John's phone rang, filling the empty space of the dusty house. He wanted to ignore it, but he knew that he had to start living life again. He was young and had a lot ahead of him. Besides, Mary had lied countless times, but of course, he still missed her.

"Hello, " he said, reluctantly.

"John! Thank god, you picked up. It's Lestrade. Sherlock's gone manic, we don't know where he is" Greg said.

"I'm sorry Greg, he's not with me. I haven't spoken to him since that day. He might just be out somewhere, maybe on a case" John sighed.

"Mrs. H said she heard him leave four days ago, in the middle of the night. She said he was feeling rather unwell in the days prior, and I'm really starting to get worried about him. Out of all of us, John, you know him best. Please" Greg begged.

John inhaled, "Okay".

"Pick you up in five," Greg said and hung up the phone, leaving John alone once again. 

John had picked himself back up in the past week and was in the process of packing up Mary's stuff (and packing his stuff too, because he figured that he couldn't live in the same house that he did when Mary was alive). He knew he would have to find another flat, and hopefully in the middle of London, so he could be closer to the action. All those years that he had lived with Sherlock, he had gotten accustomed to the hustle & bustle of the city, and he felt like he couldn't live without it now. 

Maybe he could move back into 221B, that'd be nice, he does miss that place. John made a mental note to talk to Sherlock about it, when he finds him. He had, in the past week, realized that he was too harsh at the aquarium with Sherlock, and wanted to apologize. 

A honking outside interrupted John's thoughts. He grabbed his jacket from where it was hanging, next to the door, and ran outside. 

"Hey, nice to see you again," Lestrade said, as they sped away from the house, that was too big for two, towards London and it's familiar streets. 

"So we think that he might be in the drug den, but I'm going to drop you off at the hospital so you can talk to Molly, and so you won't have to go into the den again," Lestrade said, as they pulled up to Barts. 

"Okay, text me with updates," John smiled for what seemed to be the first time in a while and exited the car. 

"Molly, are you in here?" he peeked into one of the labs and so her working on what seemed to look like a brain, "Oh there you are".

"Hi, John," she perked up, her right hand clutching a scalpel and her left hand covered in blood, "This is Gloria, don't mind her, whatcha need?"

"Have you seen or heard from Sherlock recently?" 

"Uhm, three days ago, he texted me and said that he was thankful that he had someone like me to be there for him. It was quite nice of him to say something like that, I think, he doesn't express emotion much," she shook her head, "but since then, no, nothing. Why?"

"He's disappeared, that's all, Greg and I are trying to find him," John's phone vibrated in his pocket, "That's him now, I have to run Molly, sorry, thanks for the help".

"Tell Greg I said... hi," she said as John was running out of the lab. 

"Molly says hi," John said, getting into the passenger side of the car that was parked outside of the hospital. Greg cleared his throat, a direct sign of un-comfort, but then smiled and thanked John for transmuting the message. 

"I think we've found him at the Tower Of London. I know it sounds weird, but I'm pretty sure. We didn't engage because I know that has some sentimental meaning for you two, it being one of the locations Moriarty got into, so I'm driving you there now. Bring him home, John, it's what is best for him" Lestrade said, glancing over at John from time to time, trying to see his reaction.

"Okay. Thanks. Just drop me off there, I'll get in through the side gate. Have a car ready for me, so I can drive him home, if the need arises" John said, getting out of the car, and waving goodbye to Lestrade. 

He squeezed through the side gate and made his way along the wall of the establishment. He spotted Sherlock, looking out onto the water, next to Tower Bridge. John inhaled and exhaled a couple of time, psyching himself up for whatever was about to come. 

"Sherlock," he said when he was sure that he was close enough that Sherlock could hear him, "How are you?"

He saw Sherlock tense up, but he didn't say anything as a response. John moved a bit closer and leaned against the railing with his back, so he would be able to see Sherlock's face. 

By god, he looked like he had aged a year. The bags under his eyes were even more significant, his lips were pale and chapped, and his eyes were brimmed red from all the drugs he had been taking.

"Sherlock," John grabbed his arm, "I'm sorry for what I said at the aquarium, I was emotional, and my wife had just died... I'm sorry".

No response. They stood there for twenty minutes, two men, one of them staring into the water, and the other one at the broken face of a broken person.

"I forgive you" were the words that came out of Sherlock's mouth, after twenty agonizing minutes. 

"Really?"

"Of course. How could I not"

"Thank you, Sherlock"

"You keep me right, John Watson, I've been completely lost without you, my right became my left, my up became my down, my world did a complete 180-degree turn" Sherlock made eye contact with John.

"Can I come back to live at Baker Street?" John babbled.

"I would have nothing less" Sherlock smiled. 

It took a while for the two of them to clean out the old house, to move back into Baker Street, and to get life going, once again, but after they did that, they were back, and they were better than ever. They accepted clients, solved cases, and everything had finally fallen back into place, again.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
I started second semester today, and I already feel like I've been in school for two months, I'm so tired. Oh well, it's okay, I graduate in 150 days. 

What do you think we will see in the Lying Detective?
-I think we're definitely going to see some sort of discussion between Sherlock & John, some sort of Mary explanation/Mary appearance (she's not alive, but maybe like a video or something).