Tradition: 5

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 5

John awoke to the soft sounds of violin being played in the living room. The sun shined in through the halfway closed curtains and John stretched his arms up, and sat up.

He realized that he had fallen asleep in his jumper and jeans while reading a book (that's odd, he didn't remember putting the book away). John shrugged his shoulders and changed out of yesterday's clothes.

He walked into the living room and was greeted with a scene that he had never seen before.

Everything was clean and polished, two plates of breakfast were sitting at the table, steaming cups of tea next to them. Sherlock was by the window, playing a cheery tune on the violin, not facing John.

"Sherlock, good morning! This is lovely, did you do this?" John grinned.

"Yes" was the extremely dry reply that he had received in return.

John sat down at the table, not expecting Sherlock to join him, as he rarely did, and picked up his fork. He heard the violin abruptly stop, and Sherlock sat down across from him to have breakfast.

"It really is Christmas then, wow" John laughed, but he noticed that Sherlock wasn't making eye contact with him.

"Everything okay?" John asked.

"Yes. Hmph. Fine" Sherlock waved him off.

For the next couple of minutes, all one could hear was the quiet clinking of forks against plates, and the ambient chatter of passerby's.

Sherlock glanced up at John at the exact moment that John looked at Sherlock.

"Sherlock... your eyes are brimmed red.. I may not be a consulting detective but it's really not that hard to tell that something is wrong. What's happened?" John put down his fork, and dragged up a chair next to Sherlock, so he would be sitting next to him.

"I'm fine"

"No you're not"

Sherlock put his fork down and faced John, finally gathering the strength to look his flat mate in the eyes.

John tried not to frown when he saw how red Sherlock's eyes were.

Not drugs. He was crying. John concluded, not saying anything.

John placed his hand on Sherlock's knee.

"Sherlock, what is it?"

"I figured it out"

"Figured what out?"

"The elephant in the room"

"Oh yeah? What is it then?" John asked, his heart speeding up a little bit (okay a lot), as he removed his hand from Sherlock's knee and prepared for the reply.

"It's us" Sherlock said, lifting his eyes to meet John's, a tear running down his cheek.

"It's us"

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
That was the last part for that multi-part chapter... but I think the following ones will kind of follow the idea, because I can't just leave it off there.
What did you guys think of this chapter? It's super Johnlock, I haven't written anything like this yet.

It took us 103 parts to finally get Johnlock! Yay.