Valentine's

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day! No matter if you're single or in a relationship and no matter if you like this day or hate it, just remember that I love you guys and thank you guys for reading my stories! This is a Valentine's Day inspired chapter, by the way!

Individual Chapter

Sherlock woke up in the morning to the strong smell of coffee that had spread throughout the flat. He sat up, stretching his arms up to the ceiling and then swinging his legs to the side of the bed and slipping his feet into his slippers. He shuffled into the kitchen, where he gave John a quick peck before starting on some tea for himself. John had already cooked some breakfast and made a cup of coffee for himself, so Sherlock made some tea because he preferred that over coffee on a day off. 

"I think we should stay in this Valentine's Day," John said in between bites of egg. 

"Mmm," Sherlock chewed and swallowed, "I agree. No cases. No fancy restaurants. Just some movies and tea with scones?"

"Sounds lovely. We should go out and get a new movie and some snacks. We slept in pretty late, so by the time we come back, it'll be evening and that's perfect" John grinned, excited to spend some alone time with Sherlock. 

They ended up renting The Holiday (Sherlock complained about it being a Christmas movie but eventually gave in), bought some raspberry scones with some new tea, and were back at the flat by 5:30 in the evening. 

"I'll set up the DVD, do you want to make the tea?" Sherlock asked, taking John's coat and hanging it up on the coat rack and then shrugging his own coat and shaking it to rid it of the snow that had fallen on his shoulders outside. 

"Sounds good" John gave the thumbs up.

Sherlock headed for the TV while John headed for the kitchen. The flat was quiet aside from the persistent boiling of the water in the kettle, the clicking of the remote, the tearing of the teabags, and the consistent clinking of the fancy teacups being taken out from the back of the cupboard. 

Fifteen minutes later, they were situated on the couch, sipping their tea, a plate of scones in front of them on the overcrowded coffee table (Sherlock insisted on not moving the chemistry equipment). 

John and Sherlock ended up taking the tube to Central London at around 9 pm, to see the Elizabethan Tower (Big Ben) and take a ride on the London Eye. John never got tired of the London Eye, he found the city of London so mesmerizing from high up. 

They only made it back to Baker Street at half past eleven at night and crashed into bed after sloppily brushing their teeth. 

Sherlock smiled, staring up at the ceiling.

What a good day, He thought, Definitely one for the books.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day?
-I just spent some time with my friends and family, it was like another day for me haha