Confession: 2

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 2

Sherlock and John were strolling along the darkened London streets on their way back to 221B Baker Street. The street lamps were dimmed and the sun had just set behind the tall dark green maple trees. Most people were enjoying some family time now, maybe glued to the TV at home or going out to eat somewhere. This fact accounted for the mostly empty streets, giving Sherlock and John the freedom to do whatever they wanted without being judged.

John walked with his hands in his pockets, trying to keep himself warm, they had just left the restaurant but he already felt the cold nipping at his face and hands.

Sherlock stopped abruptly, "Hold on". He proceeded to take off his coat and lay it over John's shoulders.

"Are you sure?" John looked up at Sherlock, already slipping his arms into the coat. He saw that Sherlock nodded, a content smile on his face. The Belstaff went down to John's ankles because he was shorter than the detective. They continued walking, talking about their recent cases and anything else that came to their mind.

Sherlock hadn't brought up what he wanted to talk about yet, seeing as he was very nervous to talk about it, he didn't know how to broach the subject very well. They had been walking in silence for a minute and Sherlock hadn't even noticed how John linked his arm with Sherlock's. Sherlock smiled down warmly at John, pushing himself a little closer. They walked all the way back to their flat, a comfortable silence intermingling in between the intriguing conversations.

As they neared the flat, Sherlock swung his arm around John's shoulders to fish the keys out from the left pocket of his Belstaff. Even though Sherlock was right handed and could have easily put the keys in the right pocket, he had purposefully put them in the left (when they had left the flat) to further observe John's reactions to romantic gestures. The reaction was very heartwarming. John didn't seem to mind at all, he actually relaxed a little bit under the weight of Sherlock's arm and leaned even closer.

However, this sweet moment only lasted a couple of steps because they were soon at the door and Sherlock had to open the door, seeing as he was the one with the keys now, so they broke apart. John instantly felt the wave of cold come over him, already missing the body heat of the taller man. He didn't have time to dwell on it too much though, as he was soon ushered inside by Sherlock.

It's now or never, thought Sherlock, going up the stairs.

I have to talk to him now, thought Sherlock, taking his coat off of John and hanging it up.

I have to. I absolutely have to, he told himself, sitting down in his armchair, across from John.

"What a lovely evening" John beamed, glancing at his watch (10:24pm), "It was really nice to spend more time with you outside of work".

"John" Sherlock began, swallowing hard and readjusting in his seat. He has never been this nervous before.

"There's something I need to tell you" he continued.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
A bit of a cliffhanger! We're getting close to a confirmation/confession!

What are you most excited about in 2017?
-I'm excited to go to Washington in February and also to see Hamilton in July <3