Please

Multi-Part Chapter: Part 2 (Last Part)

John had recovered speedily. He was only hit by a metal rod, and was able to sign himself out of the hospital after a night.

The first question he asked when he was free was:

"Where is Sherlock Holmes?"

The doctor that he had asked this question, got a very uneasy look on his face and twiddled his thumbs. John had spent enough time with Sherlock to know that that was a sign of pure nervousness.

"Please tell me" he pleaded, quietly.

"You see... Doctor Watson... John. If I may call you that?" the doctor asked and received a curt nod from John, "Mr. Holmes suffered a gun shot wound to his chest, which can be very hard to recover from, if it's not deadly. We were able to extract the bullet and stop the bleeding but Mr. Holmes is in a coma. Due to his malnourished body, it is a known fact that he doesn't eat or sleep much, the recovery process may be very hard for him, if at all possible. I'm only being honest"

"Will he live?" John asked. He had placed his hands on the side of his body, a known stance for a soldier.

"I cannot say for sure. We are doing all we can, I assure you" the doctor gave an honest answer.

"May I... see... him?" John mumbled.

The doctor extended an arm, as to guide John to the room in which Sherlock laid.

"Room 221. That's ironically funny" chuckled John as he walked into the white room.

Sherlock looked peaceful, John had never seen him like that. Even in his sleep, his brain was still functioning, but that's not the case when someone is in a coma. Sherlock sported a white bandage that tied around his chest, his hair was strewn all over the pillow but it was out of his face, he was cleaned up and had a white hospital blanket on him. The steady beeping of the heart monitor reminded John of that time Sherlock had accidentally overdosed on drugs and had to be sent to the hospital.

"I hate the beeping... It's so monotone, turn it off John" Sherlock said.

"I can't Sherlock, they need that to tell that you're alive" John chuckled.

"How boring" was Sherlock's reply.

Except, that time was different, because Sherlock wasn't in a coma. John moved to his bedside and sat down on the chair that was meant for visitors.

"Hey Sherlock, it's me... John" he sighed, "we've been here before, haven't we? You dying? I almost didn't get through it last time, thank God you came back. You can't leave me again, can you? That's just... unacceptable. I can't do it again, I just can't. I thought I had a good plan, shoot Moriarty and then run away but I didn't really think about how there might be more than one sniper... I'm okay. In case you were wandering. Minor headache, but I don't think it's from the metal bar that made contact with my head yesterday. The headache is from seeing you... like this. But then again, I'm used to you giving me headaches. Har har, look I made a joke. You wouldn't laugh even if you were not in this... state. Anyway, Sherlock. Really, please wake up. I can't do this again, it won't work. I can't, just can't"

John got up from Sherlock's bedside and started walking away but then he turned around and looked at Sherlock one last time. A tear rolled down his cheek and he stepped back to the detectives bedside and bent down to his ear.

"Another miracle for me, Sherlock, don't die" John whispered and let a few more tears fall off his face.

He wiped them off quickly and exited, shutting the door behind him.

[I <3 HEARING FROM YOU]
That was it for that little story, I left it up to your interpretation. So now, what do you think happened: Did Sherlock live or die? Leave your answer in the comments :D