5. "Caring"

Sherlock finished the case, and I woke up the next morning to see them actually relaxing. I guess.

"So John... furniture shopping?" I smirked.

"Oh yeah, I said I'd take you to do that, didn't I?" he asked, and I smiled appreciatively at him.

"I'll take her," Sherlock offered.

"Really?" John asked.

"The three of us could go?" I asked.

"Sure, yeah. Just... let me grab my wallet," John said peeking at Sherlock before he walked up the stairs. I turned to see Sherlock stood beside me.

"Is your wrist alright?" Sherlock asked. I looked down to see the rope burn from last night. I pulled the sleeve of my shirt down and nodded.

"Yeah," I responded quietly. Sherlock was looking down at me, and he was only maybe a foot away from me. He gently took my hand and observed it.

"We should have John-," he stopped when we heard a thump. I turned to look at the door when I saw John dropped his wallet.

"Sorry," he said. Sherlock dropped my hand, and I felt slightly disappointed.

"Did you look at Liz's wrists?" Sherlock asked him.

"Yeah, I'll have something to help when we go to work tomorrow." He nodded to me. I smiled at him, and we walked down the stairs of the flat.

We arrived at IKEA in Tottenham. Sherlock stood beside me as I walked with John. We got an assistant to come with us as we decided to get me a bed, a couch, a small table with two chairs for starters. There was already a fridge and stove in the flat and a closet on the wall. As John walked to the counter to talk to the man, Sherlock and I stood off to the side so others could wait in line.

"Thank you for helping with that case last night," he said.

"Are you thanking me? Sherlock Holmes just thanked me." I said proudly.

"Don't let it get to your head." He remarked. I smiled, and he returned it.

"Alright, Liz it's all set up. It will be delivered to the flat in about three weeks." He said.

"Oh, three?" I asked.

"Yeah, so you can stay in my room, the couch, or Sherlock's room... Wherever works. We won't mind, right Sherlock?" John asked.

"Not at all," Sherlock said kindly. I looked down and blushed as John nodded looking between us.

"Oh, John how was that date with Sara? Are you going out again?" I asked as we walked back through the store, headed toward the exit.

"Um, no." he said.

"Oh, why not?" I frowned.

"It just wasn't working." He shrugged.

"She dumped him." Sherlock butted in.

"Shut up," John stated.

"Aw, I'm sorry. Work is going to be a little awkward now, isn't it?" I frowned.

"Not for you," Sherlock pointed out, and I turned to glare at him.

"It won't be bad," John shrugged ignoring Sherlock's comment.

We rode back to the flat and when we walked inside a man stood in the middle of the room. He wore a gray suit and stood to one side, leaning on an umbrella.

"Brother mine," the man said. I looked at Sherlock in confusion. Has he a brother?

"Mycroft," Sherlock said.