73. "Forgot."

"There she is!" I heard Tori's voice as I walked into the bar down the street.

"Hey!" I smiled at them. Tori brought along two other women. One who looked a few months pregnant... but I didn't want to assume.

"Liz, this is Addison and Clara. Yes, Clara is pregnant." Tori smiled at me, practically reading my mind.

"I'm the designated driver." She said rolling her eyes. I laughed and said my hello's to everyone.

As we were talking I got to know the other two girls a little more, before I knew it I had downed three drinks already. My mind felt a little fuzzy, however I knew the flat was just down the road.

"I'm gonna get these two home before they trip over their own feet. Such lightweights." Clara joked. I laughed and noticed it seemed extremely fake. "It was nice meeting you." She said.

"Too you," I nodded.

"Do you need help getting home?"

"No, I've got her." I heard behind me. I turned knowing that voice quite well, however it was of someone I didn't necessarily WANT to see. "Come on dear, brother is going to worry." Mycroft smiled down at me, leaning on his umbrella. I glared at him and he took my arm, pulling me out of the bar.

"What you do want?" I slurred walking out with him. I tried to keep myself straight but wound up going from side to side as I walked. Mycroft still gripped my arm at my elbow so we were distant, but he still held on.

"A little file folder told me it was you and Sherlock's three-year anniversary." He said.

"No. That's today not. Friday." I muttered.

"Today is... well, was Friday. It's Saturday and brother dear is worried sick."

"You are too."

"Pardon?"

"Why did you get me?" I asked with a small burp.

"Sherlock called me-,"

"You could've sent a car one of your." I stood there for a second then corrected my sentence, "You could've sent one of your-,"

"I got it, Liz. Get upstairs." He said motioning to the door of 221B. I frowned and walked up to the door. Before I opened the door to go inside I turned and hugged Mycroft.

"Thank you." I said. He patted my head and I pulled back, walking inside.

"Liz?" I heard Sherlock's bellowing voice. I ran up the steps and tripped on the last one, falling onto the landing. Sherlock ran out and grabbed me by the wrist, helping me up.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just a drunk little." I laughed.

"Why?"

"Drinking... Fun... Tired?" I said holding him close to me.

"Let's get you to bed, hm?"

"No."

"Yes."

"Yeah." I giggled. He shook his head and helped me back to our room.

*****************

I woke up and it felt as though my head was pounding against my pillow repeatedly.

"Sherlock." I groaned. I waited, but no noises were made. "Sherlock!" I tried again. I sighed and flung myself out of bed and down the hall. I opened the cabinet above the sink and grabbed a mug before turning on the kettle.

"Liz?" I heard Mrs. Hudson's voice.

"Morning Mrs. Hudson," I smiled.

"Hi dear, turn off that kettle, I have tea downstairs." She said. I nodded and put everything back, walking downstairs to Mrs. Hudson's flat. "How was your night with Sherlock?" she asked. I nodded remembering I wasted our three-year anniversary drinking.

"I, uh, went out last night. I kinda forgot about it," I said with a frown.

"Oh," she mumbled.

"I hope he's alright. I feel awful, I thought it was Thursday and the week just flew by." I sighed.

"I understand. It's not like Sherlock to remember those things,"

"That's what I thought, but if Mycroft was called, Sherlock was upset." I frowned.

"Well, there's many more anniversaries."

"If he wants more." I mumbled into the cup of tea as I took a sip. We heard the front door open and she nodded her head for me to go. I nodded, sat down my cup, and walked out to see Sherlock walking toward Mrs. Hudson's door.

"Hi," I said.

"Morning, I'm surprised you're up." He said.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" he asked removing his gloves.

"Yes, about what happened. I completely forgot."

"It's fine. People forget unimportant things." He mumbled.

"Sherlock," I sighed as he turned and walked up the stairs.

"I said it's fine."

"Sherlock! Stop!"

"You out of all people should've been the one to remember what yesterday was!"

"So you are mad?"

"No!" he yelled.

"You're mad." I sighed.

____________________________________________________________________

Comment and Vote :)