14. "Tedious"

Three Months Later

I sat with John in the living room of 221B and sighed.

"How was work for the first time without me?" John smirked.

"Oh, just lovely," I replied sarcastically. "It was really boring," I added.

"You know who you sound like-?" he began when we both heard footsteps and looked to the door.

"Well, that was tedious," Sherlock said. I looked him over with a horrified facial expression. Blood covered his clothes from head to toe, and he held a harpoon in one hand.

"You went on the Tube like that?!" John asked.

"None of the cabs would take me," Sherlock grumbled. I watched as he walked out of the room and I turned to John with a smirk.

"That's your 'high functioning sociopath'," John remarked. I walked toward Sherlock's room and stopped in the bathroom to set up towels for him. He walked into the bathroom with his shirt unbuttoned and I smiled at him.

"What?" he asked.

"Just clean yourself up, and we'll talk later." I rolled my eyes at him. He leaned in to kiss me, but I put my hands to his chest, pushing him away.

"No."

Sherlock came out of the bathroom a little while later and had one a white button up and dress pants as usual. However, he wore a dressing gown over the top instead of his usual jacket. He brought the harpoon back out after he cleaned up and he kept looking at me, then to John who was reading the paper.

"Nothing?" Sherlock asked practically shaking with impatience.

"Military coup in Uganda." John tried.

"Hmm." Sherlock hummed. Suddenly, John smirked at the paper and showed it to me.

"Another photo of you with the, er..." John began turning the paper toward Sherlock. He made a disgusted grunt, and John sets the paper down, grabbing another.

"Oh, um, Cabinet reshuffle." John tried again.

"Nothing of importance?" Sherlock growled slamming the harpoon on the ground. He was acting like a possessed dragon. "Oh, God!" he added. Then he looked at John intensely. "John, I need some. Get me some."

"No." John and I both said calmly.

"Get me some." Sherlock glared again.

"No. I said.

"Cold turkey, we agreed, no matter what." John scolded pointing at him. Sherlock rolled his eyes and leaned the harpoon against the dining table.

"Anyway, you've paid everyone off, remember? No-one within a two-mile radius'll sell you any." John shrugged. I stood up from Sherlock's chair and wrapped my arms around him, though he was still practically shaking.

"Stupid idea. Whose idea was that?"

I pulled away from Sherlock and looked down. I peeked over at John who was glaring at Sherlock and cleared his throat.

"Mrs. Hudson!" Sherlock yelled loudly. I pulled away from him and walked over to the couch, flopping onto it. Sherlock began throwing all of his papers around searching the table.

"Look, Sherlock, you're doing really well. Don't give up now." John said. Sherlock still threw papers around the living room looking.

"Tell me where they are. Please. Tell me." Sherlock pouted. I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to tell Sherlock no because I would've given in by now. Sherlock used his puppy-eyes on John, and they were intense enough to make me roll over and look at the wall. "Please." Sherlock pouted.