9. Christmas

Christmas

I spent only like twenty minutes hanging up small string lights around the flat since Sherlock wouldn't let me go all out on Christmas decorations. John sat on the arm of his chair, Mrs. Hudson in his usual seat. I poured myself a glass of wine and Lestrade stood next to me as Sherlock played, "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on his violin. John's new girlfriend, Jeanette arranged a tray of pies and cake next to me. As he finished, I was on my second glass.

"Lovely! Sherlock, that was lovely!" Mrs. Hudson complimented.

"Marvelous!" John added. Sherlock did a small bow, and I smirked until he looked at me. Then I ignored him. That's how it's been, the last two months. I went on cases but didn't speak a word to him, only John.

"I wish you could have worn the antlers!" Mrs. Hudson said referring to the antler headband, she got Sherlock.

"Some things are best left to the imagination, Mrs. Hudson," Sherlock said to her lightly. Jeanette approached Sherlock with the tray, offering him some food. That was a mistake.

"No thank you, Sarah," Sherlock said to her and my eyes widen.

"Uh, no, no, no, no, no. He's not good with names." John said to her.

"Yeah, he calls me Irene all the time," I remark making everyone in the room look at me in shock, though Sherlock almost looked angry.

"No-no-no, I can get this," Sherlock said to John. "No, Sarah was the doctor; and then there was the one with the spots; and then the one with the nose; and Liz over there, and then ... who was after the boring teacher?" Sherlock asked, and my mouth dropped. Jeanette looked over at me with a glare and John looked at me in irritation.

"Nobody," Jeanette stated.

"Jeanette! Ah, process of elimination." Sherlock sighed. I could not believe him!

"I never dated John," I added. Jeanette's expression relaxed towards me and John sided with me.

"Never." He nodded.

I heard footsteps from the hall and saw Molly walking in with two bags of presents.

"Molly!" I smiled at her.

"Oh, dear Lord." Sherlock sighed.

"Hello, everyone. Sorry, hello." She said as John walked over to her with me.

"Er, it said on the door just to come up."

"Yep!" I smiled at her helping her with her bags.

"Oh, everybody's saying hello to each other. How wonderful!" Sherlock cheered sarcastically. Molly looked over at Sherlock nervously as she removed her coat.

"Let me, er ... holy Mary!" John reacted to Molly's beautiful black dress.

"You look amazing!" I said complimenting her.

"Thanks, Liz, as do you!" She smiled. I looked down at my ugly Christmas sweater and jeans with blowouts in the knees. Ah, I look like I usually do.

"Having Christmas drinkies, then?" Molly asked.

"No stopping them, apparently," Sherlock said as he sat at the living room table.

"It's the one day of the year where the boys have to be nice to me, so it's almost worth it!" Mrs. Hudson smiled.

Sherlock began typing on John's laptop as John brought over a chair for Molly.

"Have a seat." John smiled at her.