74. "Heels."

Sherlock hasn't talked to me for a week. It was a long week of him out of bed before I woke up and out of the flat until I fell asleep. Part of me believed he also started sleeping on the couch until the third day I woke up in the middle of the night and felt his arms were wrapped around me.

I walked out to the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea. As I went to sit down on the couch, he stormed in.

"Sherlock, I just don't know how it could have happened, you didn't hear anything last night, did you?" Mrs. Hudson's voice rang through the flat.

"Mrs. Hudson? What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Someone broke into Speedy's." Sherlock said.

"No money was missing, but the back door was jammed open, and the door into the flats." Mrs. Hudson responded. "Sherlock, you didn't hear anything?" she added.

"I didn't come home last night." He answered. I frowned as he peeked over at me and Mrs. Hudson frowned as well.

"Please Sherlock, just take a look around, my flat will be open. I'm gonna go out for a walk," She said leaving the flat.

"Should someone go with her? If someone broke in here and didn't take anything they're probably after one of us-,"

"They're after you." Sherlock stated. I looked at him and shook my head.

"What me? Why me? I'm nothing special." I said.

"You are to me. Someone is trying to get to me through you. You think people would learn I'm very easy to get ahold of, my email and address is right on my website."

"Nobody uses your website..." I commented and Sherlock glared at me.

"Sorry."

"I'm sorry for leaving. I've been on a case spree." He said.

"Yeah, it's alright. It's what you do. You're Sherlock Holmes!" I smiled falsely. He eyed me and pulled me into his arms, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"I love you."

"You say that a lot for someone who doesn't like to admit you're in love." I commented.

"I've decided there's nothing I can do about it at this point." He shrugged. I smiled and motioned to his bedroom.

"Wanna apologize a little more?" I asked. He looked to his room, smirked, then turned to face me.

"Maybe later, I wanna go scope out her flat-," Sherlock stopped when he noticed something on the floor. He got down on all fours and pulled out his magnifying glass. "Heels?" he asked quietly to himself. "Not you. You don't wear heels except on special occasions. This is fresh, far too fresh..." Sherlock stated. "No dirt in the crease..."

"Sherlock? What are you saying?"

"Someone's been in the flat. In heels. Did you notice any clicking of heels at all last night?"

"You know me. When I'm asleep I'm out cold." I sighed feeling useless. Sherlock stood up and walked back to his bedroom, I followed and he walked over to the closet where my heels were.

"Do you have a pair of black heels?" he asked.

"Yeah, I wore them to the one Christmas party we had," I said.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"Right there-," I began when I noticed they were missing from the closet. "Oh."

"I'll be back, don't wait up. Lock the doors." Sherlock said and kissed me before rushing out of the flat.

*************************************