48. "Domestic."

John stormed into the living room and Mary followed close behind him with her head down. John removed his jacket and dropped it onto the dining room table. Mrs. Hudson rushed over,

"John. Mary!"

Then I noticed Sherlock following close behind. I jumped up from the couch and rushed over to him. He wasn't walking very well and he looked rough. He was gripping his wound and I cringed as I slowly walked over and he pulled me to his side.

"Maybe earlier wasn't such a good idea," he commented.

"Oh, Sherlock! Oh, good gracious, you look terrible." Mrs. Hudson exclaimed when she noticed Sherlock in the doorway.

"Get me some morphine from your kitchen. I've run out." Sherlock said. I frowned and he leaned into me for support as I walked him over to his chair.

"I don't have any morphine!" she said.

"Then what exactly is the point of you?" Sherlock snapped.

"What is going on?" Mrs. Hudson asked.

"Bloody good question." John snapped.

"The Watsons are about to have a domestic, and fairly quickly, I hope, because we've got work to do." Sherlock said and I looked between all of them confused.

"Oh, I have a better question." John continued looking at Mary, anger fuming off his body. "Is everyone I've ever met a psychopath?"

"Yes." Sherlock said and Mary nodded.

"Good that we've settled that. Anyway, we..." Sherlock began.

"SHUT UP!" John barked. "And stay shut up, because this is not funny. Not this time." John said.

"I didn't say it was funny." Sherlock commented and I hit his arm.

"You." John said facing Mary. "What have I ever done... hmm? My whole life- to deserve you?" he asked upset.

"Everything." Sherlock said and I hit him again.

"Sherlock, I've told you," John began as he walked over to us. "Shut up."

"Oh, I mean it, seriously. Everything – everything you've ever done is what you did." Sherlock said.

"Sherlock, one more word and you will not need morphine." John said and I glared at John.

"You were a doctor who went to war. You're a man who couldn't stay in the suburbs for more than a month without storming a crack den and beating up a junkie. Your best friend is a sociopath who solves crimes as an alternative to getting high." Sherlock began then looked at all of us. "That's me, by the way. Hello." Sherlock said waving his hand.

"Even the landlady used to run a drug cartel." Sherlock added.

"It was my husband's cartel. I was just typing." Mrs. Hudson added in.

"And exotic dancing."

"Sherlock Holmes, if you've been YouTube-ing..." Mrs. Hudson scolded and I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow at her.

"John, you are addicted to a certain lifestyle. You're abnormally attracted to dangerous situations and people... so is it truly such a surprise that the woman you've fallen in love with conforms to that pattern?" Sherlock asked him. John frowned and motioned to Mary.

"But she wasn't supposed to be like that." He said sadly. I frowned as Mary lowered her head. "Why is she like that?" John asked.

"Because you chose her." Sherlock said. John turned away and shook his head.