71. "September?"

One Week Later

"Elizabeth, where is Rosie?" John asked me. I nervously looked around the flat when I heard footsteps rushing up the stairs.

"Daaa!" I heard Rosie squeak. I looked behind John, out on the landing, to see Sherlock wearing his coat and deerstalker with Rosie in his arms.

"You took her on a case!" John yelled.

"She listens very well, much like you." Sherlock said walking over to me, still holding Rosie, and pecking my lips.

"You could have just asked Molly to watch her and you could've taken Liz."

"Molly is busy." Sherlock stated handing Rosie back over to John. He looked her over and sighed,

"Of course she's alright. Did you think I would let something happen?" Sherlock asked as we heard footsteps rushing up the stairs. I looked over and saw Lestrade.

"Oh good, you found her." He said.

"What?!" John yelled glaring at Sherlock. Sherlock's eyes widened slightly as he looked over to Lestrade.

"Of course I found her, do you not know who I am? And I sat her down for a second so I could examine the body, I had felt her gripping my coat and then she crawled off somewhere. But she's here, no broken bones, I think that's something to account for." Sherlock stated.

"You-,"

"Not in front of the child!" Sherlock smiled cutting John off as he walked into the kitchen. I followed as did Lestrade and John.

"So have you two chosen a wedding date then?" John asked us. I opened the fridge and shut it, turning to face John.

"Not yet, I've been quite too busy." Sherlock stated as he looked into his microscope.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"I'm going to make a deduction." John said and Sherlock looked up, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"You two are avoiding a wedding. Why? Don't you want to see everyone you love come together to celebrate-,"

"Stop." Sherlock said.

"Why? Liz, isn't that what you want?" John asked.

"Well, yeah," I began but Sherlock jumped out of his seat.

"I think I still have the 3D cardboard diagram of the reception hall." Sherlock said walking into the living room. Lestrade, John and I all looked at each other in confusion.

"What did you say that triggered him?" I asked quietly.

"I think he just wants to make you happy. Whoa." Lestrade commented.

"Why don't you guys go. I think I need to have a talk with him." I said. They nodded and hugged me goodbye, Rosie kissing my cheek which was really about as equal to her licking my face. They left and I walked out to see Sherlock hanging papers on the wall. "Sherlock," I began.

"So a September wedding... Maybe the tenth? Wait, no that's your birthday..."

"How'd you-,"

"It's online. Your Facebook." He said.

"You have a Facebook?" I laughed.

"Have. Don't use."

"Right."

"September 20th?"

"Works for me. That's only two months away Sherlock,"

"We'll start invitations. Let's see. My side will be quite small," he said pulling out a notebook and a pen. I waited and sat with him at the table to see his list,

"Mom

Dad

Mycroft

Eurus?

Mrs. Hudson"

I looked at Sherlock and sighed.

"I doubt your sister will be able to go Sherlock,"

"We can try."

"Maybe," I sighed.

"There has to be more." I rolled my eyes taking the pen and notebook from him. He moved his chair so he was sitting directly beside me and he watched me as I wrote, "Molly, Lestrade, John & Rosie, Donovan, Anderson"

"No no no!" he barked.

"Sherlock, they've helped you-,"

"No!"

"WILLIAM SHERLOCK SCOTT HOLMES WE'RE INVITING THEM!" I yelled. He shut his mouth abruptly and sat back in his chair, staring at me. If I weren't mistaking I'd think he were scared.

"Who else?"

*******************************

After three hours of arguing and questioning, we came up with about fifty people to invite... and Toby... yes the dog. And we argued over the color theme. I said white and black, it's traditional. Sherlock said blue and black. So we decided blue and black. Sherlock even tried talking me into getting a blue dress, but I refused.

"You could wear blue earrings..." Sherlock pressed as I sat with him at the dinner table. I was eating some chicken and potatoes while he was, once again, looking through his microscope.

"Maybe." I said.

"I think you'd look-,"

"I get it Sherlock, you like the color blue." I laughed.

"Should the table skirts be a navy blue?"

"Sherlock. We're done for the night."

"Okay." He nodded and turned off his microscope.

I cleaned my plate and took out the trash. When I came back up the stairs Sherlock was looking at the wall again. I sighed and walked up behind him wrapping my arms around his waist, and resting my cheek on his shoulder blade.

"Come to bed Sherlock," I sighed. He stepped away from me and pulled me into a hug so we were facing each other. He pressed his lips to my forehead and looked down at me.

"I want this to be perfect."

"Sherlock, if you're organizing it, it will be more than perfect." I smiled up at him.

"I'm glad you think so."

"I always think highly of you, and anything you do. I love you." I said. He just stared at me, I thought I even saw a glimmer of tears in his eyes. I kissed him and he held onto me tight. "Come on, I don't wanna sleep by myself." I groaned pulling him to walk with me. 

____________________________________________________________________

AHHHHHH! One of my original chapters. Ha ha. ha... :) Am I nervous? Maybe.

Well comment and vote. And just so you guys know this story will be ending eventually. :)