30. "Thrill of the Chase."

Sherlock laid on the couch with me as John got off his phone.

"So, still got some friends on the Force. It's Lestrade. Says they're all coming over here right now, queuing up to slap on the handcuffs: every single officer you ever made feel like a tit, which is a lot of people." John said. Sherlock suddenly gripped me tighter as Mrs. Hudson knocked on the door and came in.

"Oh, sorry, am I interrupting?" She asked. 

"Some chap delivered a parcel. I forgot. Marked 'Perishable' – I had to sign for it." She said. John took the bag and Sherlock noticed it. 

"Funny name. German, like the fairytales." Sherlock moved me and walked over to look at it. As he opened it and pulled it out it was a large gingerbread man, but it was burnt. I heard sirens in the distance as Sherlock spoke, 

"Burnt to a crisp." He said. 

"What does it mean?" John asked as someone pounded on the front door. 

"Police!" we heard.

"I'll go." Mrs. Hudson said.

She opened the door and we heard,

"Sherlock..." Donovan.

"Evening, Mrs Hudson." Lestrade.

"We need to talk to you!" I heard Donovan's voice as she climbed the stairs.

"Don't barge in like that!" Mrs. Hudson yelled. As John blocked the stairway Sherlock stood up and put on his coat and scarf.

"Sherlock?" I cried.

"Have you got a warrant? Have you?" John pushed. 

"Yes?" Sherlock asked me.

"Leave it, John." I heard Lestrade. 

"I love you." I said. Sherlock wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"Sherlock Holmes, I'm arresting you on suspicion of abduction and kidnapping." I heard Lestrade. An officer began putting cuffs on him while he kissed me. 

"He's not resisting!" John countered. 

"It's all right, John." Sherlock said pulling away from me. 

"He's not resisting. No, it's not all right. This is ridiculous." John said. 

"Get him downstairs now." Lestrade said to the officer. I looked in the hall to see Mrs. Hudson was about in tears.

"You know you don't have to do..." John began as he walked over to me, putting his arm around me as I cried. I noticed Sherlock stop in the doorway,

"I love you too." He said to me. I began bawling

"Don't try to interfere, or I shall arrest you too." Lestrade said to me and John. I noticed Sally by the door and I glared at her.

"You done?" I cried. 

"Oh, I said it." She said. 

"Mmm-hmm?" John asked. 

"First time we met." She said. 

"Don't bother." John glared. 

""Solving crimes won't be enough. One day he'll cross the line." Now, ask yourself: what sort of man would kidnap those kids just so he can impress us all by finding them?" She asked. Mrs. Hudson gasped as the Chief Superintendent came in. 

"Donovan." He said.

"Sir." She responded.

"Got our man?"