52. "Rosie."

We were at John and Mary's house celebrating their child's birth. Mrs. Hudson was in the middle of taking pictures of John, Mary, and their daughter.

"Has that come out?" Mrs. Hudson asked Molly. "They never come out when I take them!"

"Let's have a look." Molly responded. I stood next to Sherlock in the back of the room and he was on his phone. I sighed and leaned against the wall, annoyed. In order to get any attention from him I have to ban his phone.

"Aww. She's so beautiful." Mrs. Hudson said.

"Have another go." Molly said handing the camera back to Mrs. Hudson.

"What about a name?" Mrs. Hudson asked.

"Catherine." John said.

"Uh, yeah, we've gone off that." Mary said.

"Have we?" John asked.

"Yeah."

"Oh."

"Well, you know what I think." Sherlock said still typing on his phone.

"It's not a girl's name." John and Mary both responded, earning a smile from Sherlock.

"Molly, Mrs. H. We would love you to be godparents." John said to them and I frowned.

"Oh!" Molly smiled.

"If you..." John began.

"Really?" Molly asked.

"So lovely!" Mrs. Hudson smiled.

"And, uh..." John began walked over to Sherlock and I.

"You two as well," John smiled.

"You too what?" Sherlock asked.

"Godfather? We'd like you to be godfather." John said.

"I would love to be a godparent John, thank you!" I smiled.

"In all honestly, Mary chose you," John smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and hugged him.

"God is a ludicrous fiction dreamt up by inadequates who abnegate all responsibility to an invisible magic friend." Sherlock said and I frowned at him.

"Yeah, but there'll be cake. Will you do it?" John asked and I laughed.

"I'll get back to you." Sherlock said.

"He will," I rolled my eyes at Sherlock and John smiled at me, heading upstairs.

Six Weeks Later

A vicar stood in front of us as well all waited for the ceremony to begin.

"Father, we ask you to send your blessings on this water... and sanctify it for our use this day, in Christ's name." the vicar began as he shook the water off his hand and turned to John and Mary. "Now, what name have you given your daughter?"

John and Mary smiled at each other before Mary responded, "Rosamund Mary."

"Rosamund?" Sherlock asked frowning.

"Means 'rose of the world.' Rosie for short." I said. Molly looked at Sherlock with a slight glare from the other side of him.

"Didn't you get John's text?" Molly whispered.

"No. I delete his texts. I delete any text that begins, 'Hi.'" Sherlock replied.

"No idea why people think you're incapable of human emotion." Molly remarked making me smirk as Mrs. Hudson cleared her throat, eyeing the three of us.

"Sorry." Molly said to her. 

"Phone." I eyed Sherlock. He frowned once again and put his phone behind him.

"And now, godparents..." the man began as he took Rosamund. "Are you ready to help the parents of this child in their duties as Christian parents?" the Vicar asked us.

"We are." Molly, Mrs. Hudson and I responded. I elbowed Sherlock when I heard him grunt and then,

"Sorry, I didn't catch that." Siri. John put his head back and sighed as Mary glared at him, like most of us in the room were. "Please repeat the question." Siri continued.

Three Months Later

"As ever, Watson, you see but do not observe. To you, the world remains an impenetrable mystery whereas, to me, it is an open book. Hard logic versus romantic whimsy. That is your choice. You fail to connect actions to their consequences. Now, for the last time..." I watched Sherlock as he bent down in front of Rosie with her rattle in hand. "If you want to keep the rattle... do not throw the rattle, hm?" Sherlock asked her showing her the rattle. She took it from him and threw it right in his face. I laughed as I looked at John who sat on the couch, Mary's feet on his lap, both of them fast asleep on the couch. I walked over to Sherlock as Rosie sneezed.

"She's beautiful." I smiled at him quietly.

"Yeah, she is," he nodded. I looked up at Sherlock and kissed him. He flinched when Rosie sneezed one more time. "That's disgusting," he remarked and I rolled my eyes at him. His phone buzzed and he smiled.

"Oh, Lestrade will be over!" Sherlock smiled, then frowned. "Tomorrow,"

I smiled at Sherlock's excitement and I kissed him again, this time wrapping my arms tight around his neck making him lean down to my height.

"Liz," he began and I pulled back looking at him with an obnoxious smile.

"Hm?" I hummed rubbing my hands down his chest.

"Not in front of the child," he said. I looked back at Rosie who was quiet, but watching us intently.

"Right." I nodded.

_______________________________________________________________

Rosie is sooo cute.

Comment and vote! :)