16. "Cross Keys Inn"

John and I carried out our suitcases onto the street, and Sherlock stood holding a taxi door open for us. John and I turned toward Speedy's where we could hear some screaming.

"Is that Mr. Chatterjee?" I asked Sherlock. He watched the scene go down when we heard,

"...cruise together. You had no intention of taking me on it..." Mrs. Hudson then threw something at the door as it bounced off the glass with a loud thud.

"Oh! Looks like Mrs. Hudson finally got to the wife in Doncaster." John sighed.

"Mmm. Wait 'til she finds out about the one in Islamabad." Sherlock said, and John smirked as I frowned in her direction. We all climbed in, and Sherlock looked to the driver.

"Paddington Station, please." He said.

John and I looked at the map as Sherlock stood on top of a rock. John pointed off across the field.

"There's Baskerville," John said. Then he pointed behind us, "And...That's Grimpen Village. So that must be ... yeah, it's Dewer's Hollow." John said referring to the dark wooded area. Sherlock pointed to the area in between the Hollow and the village.

"What's that?" Sherlock asked.

"Hmm?" John asked looking through his binoculars.

"Why don't you get your ass down here and find out yourself? Drama queen." I muttered the last part to myself.

"Wow Liz, that only took you thirty seconds longer than most of your remarks," Sherlock said, and John snickered as he looked at the map, then back through the binoculars.

"Minefield? Technically Baskerville's an army base, so I guess they've always been keen to keep people out." John said unsure of the area Sherlock asked about.

"Clearly," Sherlock said stepping down from the rock. He walked up to me and smirked.

"Stop," I rolled my eyes at him. He grabbed my arm and looked at my face.

"You're upset with me..." he said.

"No, annoyed, there's a difference," I said.

"Can... Can I fix it?" he asked, and John looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yes. You're fine, Sherlock." I rolled my eyes again. He leaned down and kissed me. I grabbed his hand and pushed him away with my other hand. "Not now," I said and pulled him back to the Jeep.

Sherlock drove us into Grimpen Village and parked at the Cross Keys Inn. We walked toward the pub when a man stood outside talking to tourists.

"...three times a day, tell your friends. Tell anyone!" the man warned. I looked over to see the guy is standing next to a large sign that read "BEWARE THE HOUND!" with an image of a wolf looking animal. "Don't be strangers, and remember ... stay away from the moor at night if you value your lives!" he warned again, and Sherlock pulled his coat tight as we walked toward the pub and Sherlock pulled up his collar.

"I'm cold." Sherlock tried to look casual, but John and I both knew different. The people walked away from the man, and we all walked into the pub

Sherlock and I walked around the pub as John stood up at the bar.

"So..." I said to Sherlock as he looked around some more, still holding my hand.

"Hm?" he asked bringing all his attention to me.

"I don't think you should've brought me, Sherlock," I said.

"Why on earth would you say that?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows at me.