77. "Dress."

I stared at my phone that sat in the middle of the couch next to me. I had my back against the arm and my knees pulled to my chest. It's been two days, I should be receiving the call any minute now.

"Anything?" I heard Mycroft's voice. I looked up to see him standing in the doorway.

"No. Did Sherlock tell you?" I asked quietly.

"Yes. Actually, he called me. I knew it must've been serious," he said.

"Yeah," I croaked out quietly. I looked down at my lap and then around the flat. "Where's Sherlock?" I asked.

"He went out, asked me to watch you... I feel like I'm babysitting," he said walking over and sitting in Sherlock's chair.

"I'm not a baby-,"

"Not quite. You're not as annoying and attention demanding," he said. I couldn't help but smirk a bit and my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"Miss. Schmidt?"

"Yes, this is her."

"We are sorry to inform you that you have had a miscarriage. There is some slight good news, you weren't far enough along to require any surgery. I am sorry to have to tell you," she said.

"That's alright. Thank you." I said. I hung up and Mycroft looked over at me. "It-uh- was a miscarriage."

"Don't be too upset. You have many more chances ahead of you."

"Yeah. Thanks Mycroft." I said.

"Liz, I'm sorry-,"

"No Mycroft, really. Thank you." I smiled up at him. He nodded and stood up to lean on his umbrella. Sherlock came waltzing into the room and smiled at me, then noticed the vibe in the room.

"They called." He said and I nodded. "Miscarriage." Sherlock said and I nodded. He nodded as well and removed his coat.

"Sorry brother dear." Mycroft said. Sherlock nodded and then something I never thought I would see happened. Mycroft hugged his little brother. I stood up and joined their hug and Sherlock pulled back from Mycroft and held me in his arms.

"There's always another chance." Sherlock mumbled and I looked up in shock.

"Um, Sherlock. We never did talk about having kids..." I pointed out. Mycroft stood there uncomfortably and I decided to quickly change the topic. Looking down at the coffee table I found Mycroft's wedding invite. I grabbed it and handed it to him with a smile.

"One month to go." I said. Mycroft took it and nodded.

"Alright. I will be sure to clear my schedule for that day. Thank you both, good day." Mycroft said. I waved and Sherlock looked over at the wedding papers he re-hung on the wall.

"Okay, so we're tasting cake in an hour, and wine tasting tomorrow. When are you going to look at flowers?" he asked me.

"Already did, yesterday while you were out." I said.

"Oh, what'd you choose?"

"Black roses."

"This isn't a funeral." Sherlock commented and I rolled my eyes.

"With blue tips, Sherlock. Let me finish." I sighed.

"Oh, nice." He nodded.

"I have to go look at dresses," I sighed and Sherlock turned to look at me.

"You don't have a dress yet?" he asked.

"No. No I do not." I frowned.

"You should get on that."

"No shit, Sherlock." I smirked and he turned to look at me with a squint.

**********************

"I really like this one," Tori said as I spun in front of the mirror.

"So do I... but I think I like the other one better. John, what do you think?" I asked.

"I like either. Either one is fine." He said.

"Men," I sighed.

"Sherlock would be able to tell you-,"

"It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride's dress."

"I thought that was just the day of the wedding?"

"I don't know, but don't want to risk it." She said.

"Right. I think I'll just get this one." I shrugged. (Dress Above)

"You look amazing no matter what, you know?" Tori smiled.

"Thank you." I sighed as I walked back into the room to put on my clothes.

"He's gonna love it!"

"He loves me, who gives a damn if he loves the dress." I laughed.

"That's the spirit! I think..." I heard John respond.

I laughed and got changed as we walked down to pay for the dress. I lugged my box to my car and John looked at the time on his watch.

"Well, I need to get going. Rosie should be bored with the sitter by now and throwing a tantrum." He said.

"Right. Thank you, both, for coming." I said to them.

"Anything for my best friend." Tori smiled and hugged me.

"Yeah. Have a nice day guys." I said. We departed and I drove back to Baker Street. I opened the front door to be greeted by Mrs. Hudson.

"Oh dear, you shouldn't be carrying that! Sherlock!" she yelled. Without hesitation, Sherlock came galloping down the stairs, swiping the box from my arms.

"Let me see!" he said and I slapped his hand.

"No! It's bad luck!" I warned.

"You don't believe in that, do you?" he asked quirking an eyebrow.

"Not usually, but I won't take my chances." I said as he walked into the flat and sat the box down on the chair in the back of our bedroom.

"Now, wine tasting." Sherlock said walking me out to the kitchen which I strolled right through not noticing the trays of little shot glasses filled with wine.

"Oh. Lovely." I commented.

"Let's get at it then," Sherlock began when I stopped him.

"Enough to get drunk, or no?" I asked.

"Just a bit tipsy."

"Here we go then," I shrugged picking up one of the small cups.  

____________________________________________________________________

I know it's short and I'm really sorry but I'm losing inspiration. Comment and vote as usual and I'll watch some Sherlock and such to try to get something to pop up in my mind! :)