54. "Lonely."

"Hey, hello!" Mary smiled into her phone as I started making lunch. I decided to stop by her place and see Rosie.

"Yeah." I heard Lestrade's voice as I turned to look at the phone.

"Got 'em, don't worry. Pampers; the cream you can't get from Boots." John said.

"Yeah, never mind about that. Where are you now? At the dead boy's house?" Mary asked interested in their case.

"Yeah." John responded.

"And what does he think? Any theories?" she asked and I laughed at her as I took a bite into my grilled cheese.

"Uh, well, I texted you the details." John replied.

"Yeah, two different types of vinyl." She said. I watched as Sherlock snatched John's phone.

"Hey!" John said as Sherlock's face filled the screen.

"How do you know about that?" Sherlock asked.

"Oh, you'd be amazed at what a receptionist picks up. They know everything!" she said fake whispering the last part.

"Solved it, then?" Sherlock asked.

"I'm working on it." Mary smiled and Sherlock smirked as well.

"Oh, Mary, motherhood's slowing you down." He said.

"Pig!" She responded and I laughed.

"Keep trying." Sherlock added then he just must have noticed me because he smiled. "How're you?" he asked.

"Lonely," I sighed with a smirk and he returned the look and rolled his eyes. "Oh sorry, am I "slowing you down" sweetie?" I asked and he handed John the phone with a,

"For god's sake."

"So, what about it, then?" Mary asked John. "What, an empty car that suddenly has a week-old corpse in it? And what are you gonna call this one?" she asked him making me smile, it was cute.

"Ooh, the ... uh, The Ghost Driver."

"Don't give it a title." I heard Sherlock and I smiled.

"People like the titles." John responded.

"I hate the titles."

"Give the people what they want."

"No, never do that. People are stupid." Sherlock argued.

"Uh, some people." Mary corrected as Sherlock took the phone again.

"All people are stupid." He stated. Mary and I both leaned into the camera's view and I cocked my head sideways, glaring at him. "Most people." Sherlock added. John winked at us and hung up.

**********************

About three hours later Sherlock told me to meet him at Mycroft's office. I walked in and noticed he hadn't arrived yet.

"What're you doing here?" he asked eyeing me carefully.

"Sherlock said to meet him here," I shrugged. Mycroft moved to the side to let me in and I walked over to the seat in front of his desk. I sat down and he soon joined me.

"So, how is it dating my little brother?" he asked.

"Complicated." I responded watching him carefully.

"I can believe so." He responded as the door opened and Sherlock walked in. He took off his coat and sat it on the back of the chair I was sitting in.