76. "Painful."

A/N: Since the last update was crap, I'll give you another! 

__________________________________________________________

Sherlock came home as I emerged from the bathroom.

"Did you just urinate?" Sherlock asked and I cringed.

"You could've just asked if I peed, you don't have to make is sound all scientific, and no I brushed my teeth, I got sick." I shrugged. Sherlock handed me the paper bag in his hand and didn't say anything. I furrowed my eyebrows as I went to look in the bag when he pushed me into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I shook my head as I dumped the bag onto my hand to see a pregnancy test. I don't think I'd be pregnant if I've been on my period for almost two weeks now... I shrugged and took the test anyhow. I wrapped the stick in toilet paper as I sat it on the counter so I could wash my hands. I peeked over to see the two lines, confirming I was pregnant. I was too confused to be happy. Why was I bleeding? I opened the door to see Sherlock standing there, still. He searched my face, then walked in and looked at the stick.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Sherlock... something's not right. I've been having a period for like two weeks now, and my cramps have been on and off.

"You never said anything-,"

"I get cramps! I'm a female, I didn't think anything of it."

"I'll text John." He said. I gripped my stomach and frowned. "No I won't, we're going to the hospital." Sherlock said. I sighed as he gripped my wrist and pulled me down the stairs.

"Miss Schmidt." The doctor said walking in.

"Hello." I responded.

"So you just took a pregnancy test today and it said you were pregnant?" she asked.

"It did, yes." Sherlock answered for me. The doctor looked at Sherlock sternly, then to me.

"How long have you been bleeding?" She asked.

"Two weeks," Sherlock answered.

"About two weeks," I nodded.

"Have you been having bad cramps?" She asked Sherlock.

"I haven't, no." Sherlock said.

"Sorry, you were answering for her a minute ago." The doctor remarked and I smirked.

"I have been, yes." I said.

"Alright, well we can't tell anything right now, we will need to you take a pregnancy test here, and we can have the results in about two days." She said.

"Okay," I frowned.

"What's happening to her though? Why's she bleeding if she's pregnant. That's supposed to help-," Sherlock stopped himself as he began to think.

"There's two possibilities. She could just be having some complications, or she could be having a miscarriage. And I don't want to believe it is a miscarriage, but I am leaning more towards-," She began and when she looked down at me she stopped as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Right." I nodded and Sherlock stood there staring at me. "Well, thank you. I'll call for the results in two days then." I said. Sherlock helped me down off the table and we walked out.

I sat on the couch in Baker Street when John came in.

"Where's Sherlock?" he asked.

"Getting food." I sighed.

"Really? That's not like him."

"We had a rough morning."

"Yeah, he mentioned the framing thing, and you went to the hospital. Are you alright?" he asked noticing the hospital band on my wrist.

"I think I'm having a miscarriage." I cried.

"What?" John asked.

"I was pregnant, but I might not be much longer. I find out in two days, but I don't know." I frowned.

"Liz, I'm so sorry," he said sitting next to me and opening his arms. I hugged him and he rested his chin on the top of my head.

"Liz." I heard Sherlock's voice from the door. He held a bag in his hand and looked down into it. "I didn't get you anything, I didn't know you'd be joining us..." Sherlock said looking at John.

"No, I'm not staying. Rosie's at home with Tori-,"

"Tori?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yeah... we're having a night in." he said after a moment.

"Oh really?" I smirked.

"Stop." John laughed shyly. I smiled at him and Sherlock walked into the kitchen. "He's taking it pretty rough then?" John asked me quietly as I stood up to walk into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I think so. I'm surprised."

"Don't be. He loves you, and he'll love your child." John added. I smiled and kissed John's cheek as he left. I walked into the kitchen to see Sherlock standing there looking at the food with his hands on his hips. He removed both of his jackets, leaving him in his purple shirt.

"Chips?" he asked.

"Yeah." I replied. I went to grab one of the boxes when he stopped me and pulled me into his arms. "Sherlock?" I asked as he held onto me. I looked up to see tears running down his face. "Oh god, Sherlock. Don't cry. Please." I begged, tears beginning to fall from my own eyes. Watching him let his guard down and spill out emotion any other time tore me up, watching him break down is going to cause me to break down as well. And at least one of us need to be strong right now.

"I love you." Sherlock said, emotion spewing through his voice.

"I love you too." I said watching him closely. He wiped his eyes and replaced his hands on his hips again, looking down at the food.

"They messed up the damn order-,"

"I can eat the chips, it's fine." I said. He looked at me and kissed my forehead. We walked into the living room and he sat in his chair eating as I sat on the couch. The silence between us was well needed after the day we had.

__________________________________________________________________________

Comment and vote! :0