82. "VonGrey."

Four Months Later

"Sherlock, Liz! So glad to see you!" Mrs. Holmes smiled at me. Mr. Holmes stood behind her with a small smile on his face.

"Really glad you could make it. Come on in!" I smiled at them. I widened the door for them to come into the flat and his mom looked around the room noticing the slight amount of cleaning I had done.

"Oh, you've cleaned up the place."

"Unwillingly, yes." Sherlock answered from his chair as he stood to greet his parents.

"Yes. We actually have some news." I smiled.

"Oh, what's that?" she asked with a smile.

"I'm pregnant." I revealed.

"Oh!" Mrs. Holmes piped as she stood up and looked at Sherlock with wide eyes. I turned to glance at Sherlock to see him smiling, proud. "That's wonderful!" She smiled and pulled me into a hug. "I wasn't sure. I noticed you put on a little weight but I didn't want to ask." She added and I smiled, understanding.

"Yeah, that's fine. I'm a little nervous-,"

"Oh, don't be! You have this mad scientist to take care of you." His dad joked. Sherlock's smile fell and he looked between us confused.

"I'm sure he'll do just that." I laughed.

"Well, we should be on our way. Reservations only last so long." Sherlock commented. I rolled my eyes at him and pecked his cheek.

"Calm down," I sighed and grabbed my coat. We all walked out of the flat and as I went to step out of 221B I tripped on my own foot and almost fell when Sherlock caught me. "Oh my god." I sighed.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah. Sorry." I apologized to them.

"That's fine, as long as you're alright dear," Mrs. Holmes smiled.

"Yes. Thank you." I said as we hailed a cab. Sherlock and I got in one while his parents grabbed another. We decided to take them to dinner at The Empire, a very fancy French restaurant downtown.

We arrived and I climbed out of the cab and looked up at the building. The exterior was fancy, pillars and all black. The gold letters above the door reading "The Empire". Sherlock opened the wooden framed glass door for all of us and I stood in front of the hostess.

"How many?" She asked.

"Actually, we have a reservation for... um... Sherlock honey, what's the name?" his mom asked.

"Holmes." He shrugged.

"Holmes." His mom repeated.

"Right. Um, follow me." The hostess smiled and led us through the small restaurant to the back. We took our seats and the woman asked what we would like to drink.

"Water." His mom said.

"Just a Red Ale for me," his dad shrugged.

"Water. One for her too," Sherlock said motioning to me. The woman nodded and looked at me for confirmation and I nodded as well.

"Okay. I'll be back." She smiled. Sherlock rested his arm on the back of my chair behind me as I looked down at the menu.

"Excuse me. Sorry. Excuse me." I heard a frazzled man. Quickly I looked around the restaurant to see a disheveled man walking toward us. Sherlock stood abruptly and guarded me.

"Can I help you?" Sherlock asked.

"Ye-ye-yes, I'm sorry. You're Sherlock Holmes, correct?"

"Yes."

"There's been a mistake. I-I police called me into the station earlier. They're accusing me of a murder."

"Slow down. How urgent is this. As you can see I'm trying to have dinner with my family." Sherlock said and I frowned knowing Sherlock was itching to hear what this man had to say.

"Sherlock, hear him out. We don't mind." I said looking at his parents who also shrugged.

"Alright. Talk." Sherlock said sitting back down as the man stood at the head of the table.

"My name is Eddie VonGrey. I was walking home the other night when I saw a man get shot from behind. The police called me in and are accusing me of the murder! I saw the man who did it too and gave a description! He had a red mustache and light brown hair with a plaid button up and-,"

"I've heard enough." Sherlock said.

"Y-you have?" he asked.

"Yes. I will stop by Scotland Yard tonight. Thank you." Sherlock nodded.

"O-okay. Thank you Mr. Holmes." He said.

"I didn't- oh, you..." I heard his dad suddenly. I giggled a bit and Sherlock even smirked a bit.

"Have a goodnight VonGrey. Sleep tight." Sherlock nodded to him. I looked at Sherlock with a quirked eyebrow. "He's guilty of something. I want to hear what this case is first before I make any more assumptions." He finished as the waitress brought us our drinks. I sat there, also just as curious as Sherlock. Why would the man rush to see Sherlock... he was guilty in that case. For sure.

We all ate and had a lovely time. When it was time to leave Sherlock told our cab to head to Scotland Yard. I followed Sherlock up to Lestrade's office and Sherlock pushed me inside, closing the door behind us.

"Sherlock, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Lestrade asked us as I sat in front of Lestrade's desk.

"A man by the name of Eddie VonGrey stopped in to see me at dinner. What's his case on?"

"Ah, VonGrey. Well we think we've figured this one out. We think he's guilty. A man by the name of Charles Gooding was walking home from work the other night when he was shot in the stomach." Lestrade said.

"Alright."

"He was Eddie's boss as well... They would have been leaving around the same time."

"He's guilty." I said. Sherlock looked over at me and smiled.

"Explain." Sherlock said.

"When Eddie came to see us at dinner he said he saw the man and that Charles was shot from behind. You just said he was shot in the stomach. If he had witnessed the murder..." I began and looked at them.

"Good work, Mrs. Holmes." Sherlock smiled at me.

"Thank you."

"You're contagious..." Lestrade commented as he got on the phone.

"Good job on this one, Greg." Sherlock said. I smiled and stood as Lestrade smiled to himself, proud Sherlock got his name correct once again. 

_______________________________________________________________

Sorry it's been a while. More to come soon! :) 

Comment and vote!