26. "Court."

Sherlock, John and I stood and watched the footage of Jim sticking gum on the glass of the display of the Crown Jewels. I couldn't tell what was pushed into the gum.

"That glass is tougher than anything." Lestrade said to Sherlock. John and I stood behind Sherlock as he leaned to look at the screen.

"Not tougher than crystallised carbon. He used a diamond." Sherlock said. Lestrade adjusted the footage and he shifted it to move backwards so the glass is back together. The message Jim left read, "Get Sherlock" with a smiley face in the "O". He wrote the message backward on purpose, so the camera could read it. John stared at Sherlock and I looked at him as well, but he was studying the screen.

I stood in the living room looking in the mirror at my reflection while I put in my earrings, John next to me tying his tie. I noticed Sherlock caught my eye in the mirror and I smiled at him as he buttoned the cuffs on his jacket. I walked over to Sherlock and kissed him.

"You should put on a jacket," Sherlock said motioning to my dress. I looked down at my slightly low-cut dress with yellow and white flowers printed on the black fabric.

"Why?" I asked. He eyed my chest before turning to John,

"Ready?" John asked.

"Yeah." Sherlock responded handing me his long black coat. I slid it on as we all walked downstairs and exited the flat to be greeted by a large group of journalists who started taking photographs as well and yelled out questions. A few police men led us to our car as we all climbed in.

"Remember..." I began looking at Sherlock

"Yes." Sherlock said without even letting me speak.

"Remember..." I pushed.

"Yes." Sherlock said even quicker this time. I sighed and looked out the window no longer attempting to give him a pep talk.

"Remember what they told you: don't try to be clever..." John said.

"No." Sherlock said talking over him.

"And please, just keep it simple and brief." I added. The last thing we need is Sherlock to get put behind bars for being... well... Sherlock.

"God forbid the star witness at the trial should come across as intelligent." Sherlock sighed.

"'Intelligent,' fine; let's give 'smart-arse' a wide berth." John added and I smirked.

"I'll just be myself." Sherlock said.

"Are you listening to me?!" John asked almost amused.

We arrived at The Old Bailey and Sherlock excused himself to the restroom as John and I stood in the hallway. John kept looking over my shoulder as I talked to him.

"I'm nervous," I sighed.

"Why?"

"It's Sherlock. He's... well... Sherlock. There's no way he isn't going to say something..." I frowned.

"Liz. Don't be alarmed... but I'm pretty sure a woman just followed Sherlock into the restroom. Could be a man... but with boobs and a skirt..." he said. I turned toward the door and watched it. One... Two... Three... Four... I turned back to John.

"I told myself I'm not going to be as obsessive..." I said.

"Obsessive? He's your boyfriend, being upset wouldn't be wrong."

"Yeah, but... you see. When Irene was at the flat a while back, I may or may not have yanked her out of Sherlock's bed by her hair..." I said.

"Oh..."