42. "Reception."

"Excuse me for a moment," Sherlock said to me. I watched as he walked off to the back of the room and pulled out his phone. I sat next to Sherlock and Janine sat on the other side of him. She looked over at me with a smile before speaking,

"So, what's it like dating Sherlock?" she asked. I didn't know how to feel about her, but for the fact it was Mary's wedding day, I decided to be kind.

"It's different." I smirked and turned to look at Sherlock again. "But I wouldn't have it any other way," I smiled genuinely as I turned back to look at her. She smiled and nodded as a man came up to me with a letter.

"Um, Liz, this is for you." He said. I thanked him and opened the letter.

"Charles Augustus Magnussen is offering you a full-time position as a PA." I began reading when Janine peeked over.

"That's weird, I just put in my two weeks the other day," she said. I shrugged and put the letter in my purse that hung on my chair. "You should work there. It's a nice building and the pay is wonderful." She said.

"Why are you quitting?"

"Sometimes a man bossing you around gets old, but you have Sherlock so it might be just the same." She said. I couldn't tell if that was a compliment for how strong I was, or an insult to Sherlock...

"I'm back," Sherlock smiled, kissing my cheek as he sat down. We watched as everyone ate their meals and John and Mary would occasionally ask us for some opinions on the food and how all of the planning turned out. Sherlock put his arm around the back of my chair and rubbed his hand on my arm. His other hand rested on the table as his leg bounced nervously.

"Are you alright?" I asked him with a smirk.

"I'm fine, why?" he asked.

"You're shaking Sherlock," I smiled up at him admiring his nervousness. He looked down at me and kissed me.

"Pray silence for the best man." A man spoke and people clapped as Sherlock looked at me nervously. He stood up and buttoned the front of his jacket.

"Ladies and gentlemen, family and friends... and... erm... others." he began. He nervously looked down at me and I winked at him. "Er... w... A-a-also..." Sherlock stumbled over his words and I bit my lip.

"Telegrams." I heard John mutter quietly.

"Right, um..." Sherlock began reaching toward his pocket then realized the telegrams were in a pile in front of him on the table. "First things first. Telegrams." Sherlock smiled holding them up. "Well, they're not actually telegrams. We just call them telegrams. I don't know why. Wedding tradition." Sherlock stated quickly shaking his head. "Because we don't have enough of that already, apparently." Sherlock added muttering under his breath.

" "To Mr. and Mrs. Watson. So sorry I'm unable to be with you on your special day. Good luck and best wishes, Mike Stamford."" Sherlock read.

"Ah, Mike." John nodded.

" "To John and Mary. All good wishes for your special day. With love and many big..." Sherlock paused and took a double take at the card. "...big squishy cuddles, from Stella and Ted."" He said. I noticed Lestrade and Molly smirking and I smiled down at my lap.

" "Mary – lots of love,..." Sherlock began then paused.

"Yeah?" John asked.

" "... poppet ..."" Sherlock said. John, Mary and I giggled. " "... Oodles of love and heaps of good wishes from CAM."" Sherlock continued, " "Wish your family could have seen this."" Sherlock said. I looked over at them and John held Mary's hand and I smiled patting his shoulder.