20. "Acronym"

Sherlock and I decided to visit Henry; I don't know why but Sherlock I guess was onto something.

"Morning!" Sherlock smiled as he went to head into the house when he stopped and turned to Henry, "Oh, how are you feeling?" Sherlock asked. Henry didn't look very well at all. Sherlock looked into Henry's eyes and I looked at Sherlock confused.

"I'm... I didn't sleep very well." Henry said.

"That's a shame. Should've called Liz. Shall I make you some coffee?" Sherlock asked. I looked at Sherlock confused and slightly offended as we followed Sherlock into the kitchen. He was going through Henry's cupboards, looking for a jar. Finally, he opened one and tucked something into his pocket before grabbing a few mugs. Henry didn't notice half of this because he was rubbing his eyes with his hands.

"Listen... last night." Henry began as Sherlock tried to give Henry a smile, but it wound up looking creepy. "Why did you say you hadn't seen anything? I mean, I only saw the hound for a minute, but..." Sherlock was dumping spoonful's of coffee into mugs without even looking. He watched Henry intently and slammed the coffee down onto the counter and stepped over to Henry and me, looking back to normal.

"Hound," Sherlock said.

"What?" Henry asked.

"Why do you call it a hound? Why a hound?"

"Why – what do you mean?" Henry asked.

"It's odd, isn't it? Strange choice of words – archaic. It's why I took the case. "Mr. Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic hound." Why say "hound"?" Sherlock presses more.

"I don't know! I..." Henry stammered.

"Actually, I'd better skip the coffee," Sherlock said pulling me with him.

"Sorry Henry," I apologized as Sherlock and I walked out the door.

Sherlock and I walked through the village when Sherlock grabbed my hand and pulled me to his chest.

"What're you?" he started kissing me and placed his hands on my waist, then surprisingly, VERY surprisingly they slid in the back pockets of my jeans. Shocked, I pressed my hands to his chest, breaking our kiss.

"What?" he asked.

"Wow..." I breathed.

"All I did was kiss you." He smirked at me. "Oh... oh, you like this?" he asked and squeezed my butt in his hands. I jumped and threw my arms around his neck kissing him again. I peeked over in the graveyard not too far from where we stood on a sidewalk outside a small shop, and I pulled away from Sherlock.

"There's John; you should go apologize to him," I said. Sherlock frowned, and we pulled away from each other. He held my hand as we walked over to John.

"Did you, er, get anywhere with that Morse code?" Sherlock asked. I laughed to myself,

"No," John said walking in the other direction.

"U, M, Q, R, A, wasn't it?" Sherlock asked. He then said the letters as a word, making me giggle.

"UMQRA."

"Nothing," John said.

"U.M.Q..." Sherlock said again trying to think of something.

"Look, forget it. It's... I thought I was on to something. I wasn't."

"Sure?" Sherlock asked, and I giggled again. "I feel like I'm missing something?" Sherlock said again.

"Yeah." John sighed.