41. "Wedding."

A photographer waited outside the church as we all filed out.

"Congratulations! Okay, hold it there – I wanna get this shot of the newlyweds." The photographer smiled. John and Mary stood proudly as the bridesmaids move to the side. I followed and watched Sherlock stand next to Mary. "Er, just the bride and groom, please." The photographer asked. I couldn't help but smirk at Sherlock as he still stood there.

"Sherlock?" John asked him.

"Oh, sorry." Sherlock said quickly. He then walked over beside me and Mary's friend Janine.

"The famous Mr. Holmes! I'm very pleased to meet you. But no sex, okay?" Janine smiled at him.

"Um, sorry?" Sherlock asked. I eyed her with a sharp glare, but she didn't notice.

"You don't have to look so scared. I'm only messing. Bridesmaid, best man... It's a bit traditional." She said punching Sherlock's arm lightly with a laugh. Sherlock looked down at her, then to me.

"Is it?" Sherlock asked and I raised my brow to him.

"But not obligatory." She said quickly, looking slightly awkward.

"If that's the sort of thing you're looking for... the man over there in blue is your best bet. Recently divorced doctor with a ginger cat... a barn conversion... and a history of erectile dysfunction." Sherlock said. "Reviewing that information, possibly not your best bet." Sherlock added.

"Yeah, maybe not." Janine frowned.

"Sorry – there was one more deduction there than I was expecting." Sherlock said.

"Mr. Holmes you're going to be incredibly useful." She smiled to Sherlock. I looked over at Mary as if I were looking for help and she scurried over.

"Janine, hi dear, um Sherlock would like to walk with his girlfriend if you don't mind." Mary said nodding to me. Janine looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, girlfriend? I'm so sorry," she said. I gave her a fake smile and Sherlock nodded to Mary.

Once at the reception, John, Mary, Sherlock and I stood to greet the guests.

"Hello. Lovely to meet you." Mary smiled and kissed the woman in front of her. She then moved on and kissed John's cheek and another person greets Mary, she leaned in to kiss him but he pulled away awkwardly.

" David! How are you?" Mary asked him.

"You look beautiful, Mary." He said. I looked at Sherlock and noticed him glaring in the man's direction.

"Thank you!" Mary smiled.

"John, congratulations. You're a lucky man." David said.

"Thank you." John smiled.

"Um, er, David, this is Sherlock and his girlfriend Liz," Mary smiled.

"Hello Liz and um, yeah. We've, um, we've met." He said looking down and walking past Sherlock into the reception hall.

"Hello!" Mary continued to the next guest. "Pleased to see you." The woman moved on to John and said her congrats.

"Thanks for coming, thank you." John said. The young boy from earlier came over as well.

"Hello, Archie!" Mary smiled. The boy wasn't looking at Mary however, he was looking at Sherlock. Archie ran over to Sherlock and hugged him.

"Mm, yes, um, well done in the service, Archie." Sherlock said awkwardly. But it was the most adorable thing you have ever seen. Sherlock put his hand on Archie's head and I smiled at them. As did Archie's mother.