10. "Alive"

I walked into the flat to see Sherlock playing his violin as he stared out the window at the street. John looked at me and nodded his head to the food Sherlock hasn't touched. Mrs. Hudson came out and made the same look at the plate as she picked it up. Sherlock suddenly stopped playing and grabbed his pencil, adjusting his music.

"Lovely tune, Sherlock. Haven't heard that one before." Mrs. Hudson complimented before walking out. I turned to John and frowned at the back of Sherlock's head.

"You composing?" John asked Sherlock.

"Helps me to think," Sherlock replied as he turned back to the window and played the same song again.

"What are you thinking about?" John asked, and I stood next to John. Sherlock spun around quickly and pointed toward John's laptop with the bow of his violin.

"The counter on your blog is still stuck at one thousand eight hundred and ninety-five," Sherlock said abnormally fast, which he does when he thinks.

"Yeah, it's faulty. Can't seem to fix it." John replied. Sherlock quickly pulled out a camera phone.

"Faulty– or you've been hacked, and it's a message," Sherlock said. I looked at the phone he held that read, "I AM _ _ _ _ LOCKED" on the screen.

"Hmm?" John asked looking as well.

Sherlock typed "1895" into the phone. The phone beeped, then read, "WRONG PASSCODE. 3 ATTEMPTS REMAINING". Sherlock frowned,

"Just faulty," Sherlock stated, all the light in his eyes draining as he picked up his violin once again.

"Right," John said looking at me. Sherlock played the song once more, and I sighed, "Right. Well, I'm going out for a bit." John said to me as we walked into the kitchen with Mrs. Hudson. Surprisingly, Sherlock didn't ask him where he was headed.

"Listen: has he ever had any kind of ... (he sighs) ... girlfriend, boyfriend, a relationship, ever?" John asked Mrs. Hudson quietly. I engaged myself in this conversation.

"I don't know." Mrs. Hudson replied. I sighed, and John did as well,

"How can we not know?" John asked motioning between himself and Mrs. Hudson.

"He's Sherlock. How will we ever know what goes on in that funny old head?" She asked. John gave a light smile to the floor then looked at me as Mrs. Hudson walked out.

"How're you handling all this?" he whispered.

"I'm hurt. I really thought there might have been some sort of... emotion toward me. However, I think the emotion was stronger toward her and the... fifteen to twenty minutes they spent together." I sighed.

"And you've lived here for about three months..." he said getting my point.

"Yeah..." I sighed. Suddenly, Sherlock's violin made a screech, and he stopped playing. We peeked out of the kitchen, expecting him to say something; instead, he jotted more down on his music.

"Want to go out with me?" John asked.

"Wh-,"

"For lunch or something... not like that," he said.

"Ah, yeah sure." I nodded. I slid on my coat as we reached the bottom of the stairs and we walked out when I heard a woman's voice.

"John?" it asked. We turned, and I saw a woman

"Yeah," John responded. He turned to look at her, then looked back at me. I smirked and nodded my head toward her, "Hello." John added realizing how pretty she was.