53. "The Big 5-0."

I walked out of Sherlock's room in his blue dressing gown and I noticed he sat in his caramel colored one, hands in his prayer position under his mouth. I went to walk out to him when I heard Lestrade's voice and I frowned,

"Hey."

"Afternoon. He says you've got a good one, Greg." John said.

"Oh yeah. It was David Welsborough's fiftieth birthday..." Lestrade began. I rolled my eyes and walked back down the hall to Sherlock's room, when I turned to shut the door I saw him looking at me and he winked. I blushed and shut the door before changing my clothes. I walked back out to hear Lestrade still talking,

"A week later..."

"Yeah?" John asked. I noticed he now sat in his chair.

"Something really weird happens." Lestrade said and Sherlock smiled, his eyes still closed. "Drunk driver – he's totally smashed, the cops are chasing him... and he turns into the drive of the Welsborough house to try and get away. Unfortunately... the drunk guy survived; they managed to pull him out, but when they put the fire out and examined the parked car..."

"Whose body?" John asked.

"Charlie Welsborough, the son." Lestrade said.

"What?" John asked.

"The son who was in Tibet. DNA all checks out. The night of the party, the car's empty, then a week later the dead boy's found at the wheel." Lestrade said. Sherlock's eyes were still closed, but he giggled like a child.

"Yeah, I thought it'd tickle you." Lestrade said then looked at me.

"Morning Liz," he smiled. I smiled back as Sherlock's eyes popped open.

"Have you got a lab report?" John asked as Lestrade pulled out a few folders.

"Yeah, Charlie Welsborough's the son of a Cabinet minister... so I'm under a lot of pressure to get results." Lestrade said.

"Who cares about that? Tell me about the seats." Sherlock said.

"The seats?" John asked.

"Yes. The car seats." Sherlock responded. Sherlock looks at the folder Lestrade handed him. "Made of vinyl... two different types of vinyl present. Was it his own car?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah. Not flash – he was a student." Lestrade said.

"Well, that's suggestive." Sherlock said.

"Why?" Lestrade asked.

"Vinyl's cheaper than leather." Sherlock said.

"Er, yeah, right." Lestrade said confused.

"There's something else." John said.

"Yes?" Sherlock asked.

"According to this, Charlie Welsborough had already been dead for a week." John said.

"What?" Sherlock asked.

"The body in the car – dead for a week." John said. I looked at Sherlock and saw a huge smile on his face.

"Oh, this is a good one. Is it my birthday? You want help?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes, please." Lestrade said.

"One condition." Sherlock said.

"Okay." Lestrade said.

"Take all the credit." Sherlock said and I smiled at him, walking over to his side. "It gets boring if I just solve them all." Sherlock added patting the arm of his chair without even looking at me. I sat down and he pulled my legs over his lap.

"Yeah, you say that, but then John blogs about it and you get all the credit anyway." Lestrade said and John laughed returning the folder back to Greg.

"Yeah, he's got a point." John said.

"Which makes me look like some kind of prima donna who insists on getting credit for something he didn't do." Lestrade said.

"Oh, I think you've hit a sore spot, Sherlock." Sherlock said and looked at them confused.

"Like I'm some kind of credit junkie." Lestrade continued.

"Definitely a sore spot." John said.

"So you take all the glory, thanks..." Lestrade said.

"Okay." Sherlock said confused. He turned to me and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"Thanks all the same. Look, just solve the bloody thing, will you? It's driving me nuts." Lestrade said as Sherlock pulled back from my kiss.

"Anything you say, Giles." Sherlock smiled at Lestrade. Both of them eyed Sherlock carefully, he turned back to me and I gave him the same look. "Just kidding." Sherlock said. "What's his name?" Sherlock whispered to me.

"Greg." I mouthed.

"What?" Sherlock asked.

"Greg." I added.

"Oh." Sherlock said.

"It's obvious, though, isn't it, what happened?" John asked.

"John, you amaze me. You know what happened?" Sherlock asked.

"Not a clue. It's just you normally say that at this point." John said and I laughed.

"Mm. Well, then..." Sherlock began moving my legs. I frowned as he stood and pressed another kiss to my lips as he took off his dressing gown and handed it to me. "Let's help you solve your little problem, Greg." Sherlock said and Lestrade jumped in surprise.

"You hear that?" Lestrade asked referring to the fact that he finally got his name correct.

"I know!" John smiled.

Lestrade and John walked out of the flat and I walked over to the kitchen where Sherlock's suit jacket hung on the back of a dining chair. I walked it over to him and he slid it on.

"Thank you, dear." He said.

"Mhm," I smiled at him.

"What?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing." I smiled. He eyed me and kissed me.

"You're thinking-,"

"I know, I know, it's annoying I'll stop," I smirked. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close, hugging me. "Go!" I said pushing him away. He walked to the door and slid on his coat, then spun around, ran up to me, stole a kiss, then walked out with a,

"Laters!"

_______________________________________________________________________)<>

Comment and vote lovely readers! :)