22. "Sugar."

"Sherlock, I don't know if I like this..." I said as Sherlock and I sat in the security room.

"I drugged him. I'm going to play this over the speakers, and if he thinks he sees what I told him, it was the drug. That's why I snagged some of Henry's sugar." Sherlock said.

"It's the sugar?"

"I think," Sherlock said as we watched John run around, completely terrified.

"Sherlock, call him now, please. He looks like he's gonna piss himself." I sighed. Sherlock smirked and called John. He answered almost immediately as he hid in a cage, pulling a cloth down over it.

"It's here. It's in here with me." John said.

"Where are you?" Sherlock asked casually as we began to walk back down to him.

"Get me out, Sherlock. You have got to get me out. The big lab: the first lab that we saw." John said pleadingly. 

"John? John?" Sherlock asked through the phone as he sent the growl off again.

"Now, Sherlock. Please." John said. 

"All right, I'll find you. Keep talking." Sherlock said. 

"I can't. It'll hear me." John said.

"Keep talking. What are you seeing?" Sherlock asked him. "John?" Sherlock asked clicking a button to make the "growl" sound again.

"Yes, I'm here."

"What can you see?" Sherlock pressed.

"I don't know. I don't know, but I can hear it, though." John said. "Did you hear that?" John asked as Sherlock set off the growl again, but longer this time.

"Stay calm, stay calm. Can you see it?" Sherlock asked him. "Can you see it?" Sherlock asked again. 

"No. I can... I can see it." John suddenly said, sounding completely terrified. What kind of drug is this! "It's here. It's here." John said. Sherlock and I approached the cage and Sherlock ripped off the cloth and opened the cage. 

"Are you all right?" Sherlock asked nervously and placed his arm protectively around my waist. I had to play along for Sherlock's "research." I gripped onto Sherlock. "John..." Sherlock said. 

"Jesus Christ..." John said quickly getting up and hurrying out of the cage, putting his phone back in his pocket. "It was the hound, Sherlock. It was here. I swear it, Sherlock. It must..." John said looking around. "It must..." He looked around frantically. "Did ... did ... did you see it? You must have!" John said.

"It's all right. It's okay now." Sherlock said. 

"NO IT'S NOT! IT'S NOT OKAY! I saw it. I was wrong!" John said. 

"Well, let's not jump to conclusions." Sherlock shrugged and smirked. 

"What?" John asked. 

"What did you see?" Sherlock asked, again. 

"I told you: I saw the hound," John said

"Huge; red eyes?" Sherlock asked. 

"Yes."

"Glowing?"

"Yeah." John nodded. 

"No," Sherlock said. 

"What?" John asked. 

"I made up the bit about glowing. You saw what you expected to see because I told you. You have been drugged. We have all been drugged." Sherlock said, and I looked down confused.