80. "Baby."

One Month Later

"You're trying to tell me there is a spirit roaming your house?" I heard Sherlock's voice in the living room as I walked into the flat from the kitchen door and snuck back to our bedroom.

"Yes." I heard a man's voice.

"You do realize how completely ridiculous you sound right now, right?" Sherlock snapped sounding aggravated. That's not the mood I want him in. I sighed and changed out of my work clothes. John reduced the amount of days I had to be at the office, however when I was there it was for ten hour shifts- at least. "Liz?" I suddenly heard Sherlock's voice as his steps came closer as he stepped down the hall. I turned to face him, a large smile spread across my face as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You seem happy," he said running his eyes over me.

"You're Sherlock, you know why I'm happy." I grinned.

"Promotion?" he asked with an eyebrow risen. I followed him out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where he picked up his mug of tea.

"Nooo." I smiled. He took a sip and peeked at me from over the mug. "I'm pregnant!" I smiled. Without warning, he dropped the mug to the floor. No smile. No sign of anything. "Sherlock..." I said. He stood there staring at me. After about three minutes he frowned. "Why aren't you smiling?!" I asked.

"Well... I mean... are you sure? It's hard to get your hopes up when- I just mean... the last time..." he began.

"I know. I know it's hard to believe, but that's what we need to do. We need to believe. This time is the time!" I smiled. He stood there and nodded, a small curve to his lips.

"We're having a baby." He said quietly.

"I know! We have quite a bit of baby proofing to do..." I commented.

"Baby what?" he asked.

"Oh, I know you heard me." I winked, intentionally taking his question in a different direction.

"No. What do you mean baby proof?"

"Like putting little zip ties on cupboards. Cleaning off the counters and tables. No cords of microwaves and such hanging from the counter that the child could pull-,"

"Liz, it's a little soon to worry about that." He said.

"I know. But I'm just making points."

"Right. How long do you want to wait before we tell people?" he asked.

"A few months at least, so we can make sure everything is going alright." I smiled.

"How did you find out?" he asked.

"I took a test at the office before I came home." I responded. He nodded and walked out to the living room.

"Brother mine," I heard.

I groaned and walked out behind Sherlock to see Mycroft standing in the doorway.

"Congratulations you two," he added.

"No need to congratulate yet, we need to be sure this one decides to stick around." Sherlock sighed.

"Right. My apologies. I'm here to deliever an invitation. The queen is having a ball. Sounds quite fairy tale-ish, I know. But she would like to invite you as thanks with the case we had a few years back-,"

"I had." Sherlock corrected.

"Anyhow, you have a plus one. You may bring Liz or John, whichever you prefer."

"John isn't invited?" Sherlock asked.

"No. Well I think they figured you'd bring John, but now you have a wife," Mycroft smiled tauntingly.

"Alright. Well, I'll think about it." Sherlock shrugged.

"Or you don't need to go, it's entirely up to you." Mycroft added.

"He's going. That's an honor, Sherlock." I said. He nodded and Mycroft nodded.

"Well, I'll be seeing you two soon. Good evening," he said. I nodded as Sherlock's phone went off.

"Could you grab that?" he asked me as he opened the letter Mycroft gave him. I walked over to his phone to read,

"Welcome to the Ball Game, Sherlock."

I looked up across the room to Sherlock and he sat down the envelope, his back to me.

"Who is it?" he asked. I hesitated and deleted the text.

"Uh, just John. It says, "Hi-,"

"Delete it." He shrugged.

"Already done." I smiled and walked over to him.

"Would you like to go to the ball?" he asked.

"No. Take John. That's something he helped you with. He deserves to go."

"You're my wife, I want you by my side-,"

"I understand that-,"

"And you're carrying my child. You're not spending more than an hour max without my attention." He said walking into the kitchen.

"Try me." I muttered.

"What?" he asked turning around to face me.

"Nothing. Nothing. There is nothing I want more than your attention." I smiled at him.

_______________________________________________________

Comment and vote if you've enjoyed! :) More to come!