83. "Two."

"So I need to head to the doctors-,"

"I'll join you." Sherlock said.

"That's fine Sherlock," I shrugged.

"Your doctor is a man. I don't quite like that a male would want to-,"

"Sherlock. Shut up." I sighed. He nodded and slid on his coat following me outside.

Sherlock and I decided to walk together to see Dr. Williams. We strolled down the sidewalk, my arm tucked under his. I couldn't help but feel our baby kicking. I stopped at the sudden movement and Sherlock looked at me, worry expressed clearly on his features.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. The baby is kicking." I said.

"What does that mean?" he asked. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach. He felt the small thump and jerked his hand away. He was acting like a child. He stared at me for a second before nodding and taking my hand. We continued walking, the cold breeze blowing against our faces as we entered the small office in a strip of buildings downtown.

"Hello Mrs. Holmes!" the receptionist smiled at me.

"Morning!" I smiled. We took our seat and Sherlock looked around the empty office.

"Is there ever other people here?" he asked.

"Yeah, they just opened like ten minutes ago."

"Oh."

"Calm down." I laughed at him.

"Mrs. Holmes, you can come on back," the receptionist smiled at me as she opened the door. I stood up and walked toward the door, noticing Sherlock didn't follow. "You can come too Mr. Holmes." The receptionist added. Sherlock looked at me and I nodded. He stood up and followed us back, down the hall, into a small room. I laid back and they prepared me for an ultrasound while Sherlock walked around the room.

"Sherlock, will you come stand by me? You're making me nervous." I said. He walked over and stood beside me, his hands together in front of his waist. I took his hand as the lady pulled up the hem of my shirt and placed the gel on my skin. Sherlock watched the screen carefully as the woman began the ultrasound.

"Would you like to know the gender? Or keep it a surprise?" She asked.

"It's Sherlock, you might as well just tell us." I laughed.

"Sherlock, do you know?" the woman asked.

"It's a boy-." Sherlock stated.

"You are correct." She smiled.

"And a girl. We're having twins." Sherlock stated. The women moved around the device on my stomach and nodded.

"You're correct." The woman stated.

"Might want to look closer next time so you aren't sharing wrong information." Sherlock snapped. The women nodded, took a picture and cleaned up the tool she used on my stomach.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for... him..." I sighed.

"That's quite alright. Congratulations. I will have the papers and photo at the counter." She said. I nodded and wiped off my stomach with the towel she handed me and looked up at Sherlock.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked.

"She was trying to-,"

"Sherlock, she hadn't gotten that far yet. How did you know?" I asked.

"I... I did some research... You're getting quite big for only four months." He sighed.

"This is... awesome." I smiled.

"Yay." Sherlock stated quite monotoned.

"Oh, I know you're happy."

"I am. Very." He nodded.

*************************

"Joey?"

"Too common."

"Xander?"

"Nahh."

"Grace?"

"No."

"Mark?"

"No."

"Liz. You're being complicated." Sherlock sighed. I looked at him from my laying position on the couch to see him sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table, papers with baby names all over.

"What about Alexander?" I tried.

"You said you didn't want anything too common."

"I like Alexander though," I smiled.

"I'll make a list." He sighed grabbing a random paper and scribbling Alexander on the back.

"Jolene? Jo for short?" I asked.

"No." Sherlock stated.

"Uhm, Carrie?"

"Nope." Sherlock sighed.

"I feel like you already know what you want to name her." I sighed.

"Jade." He stated.

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"Then Alexander and Jade it is." I smiled.

"I guess." He nodded. 

_________________________________________________________________

These will get longer I promise! :) 

Comment and vote!!