87. "Alike."

Fifteen Years Later

Sherlock's POV

"Dad!" I heard Alexander call from the hallway.

"Hm?" I asked looking up from my microscope.

"Alice wants to go out tonight. I might be back late," he said.

"Excuse me?" I asked sitting back on my stool and looking at him closely.

"Can I go?"

"May you go?" I corrected.

"May I go?"

"I guess." I shrugged. I grabbed my wallet and tossed him my card.

"You're giving me the card?"

"Don't be outrageous, but go somewhere nice. John can give you the date spiel." I shrugged.

"Alright."

I looked around the flat then noticed Jade wasn't home yet.

"Where's your sister?"

"She had to stay after. She needed help with chemistry."

"I'm a graduate chemist and your sister didn't think to talk to me?" I asked slightly offended. Alexander shrugged and I stood up walking into the living room.

"Where are you going?" I heard Rosie's voice from the hallway.

"I'm going to get Liz, what're you doing here?"

"Came to visit. Looks like I came at a bad time." She sighed.

"How's University treating you?" I asked as I slid on my coat.

"Not very well, but that's the education system for you." She responded and I smirked as I slid out the door past her.

"Tell John I said hello." I called as I walked outside and hailed a cab.

Jade's POV

"So I've been doing that wrong the whole time!" I groaned looking up at the ceiling of Mr. Turner's classroom.

"That's all it was." He laughed at my frustration.

"Well, thank you again." I smiled. I collected my things as the classroom door flew open and my dad stood in the doorway.

"May I help you?" Mr. Turner asked him.

"No. Just collecting my daughter." Sherlock stated. I sighed and shoved my things in my bad, swinging it up on my shoulder.

"Alright. I'll see you on Monday then, Jade." Mr. Turner said.

"Yes Sir." I smiled and approached my dad.

"You won't be seeing her on Monday." Sherlock responded.

"Dad!" I hissed.

"No. I think you and your female classmates need to be kept safe. You think keeping them after school is the best way to get your hands on young-,"

"Stop." Mr. Turner stated. I looked at him with wide eyes and my dad smirked.

"So you won't be seeing my daughter, or anyone else at this school, on Monday." My dad stated with a smirk. He took my hand and pulled me out of the school.

"Dad-," I began.

"No. You didn't think to come home and talk to me about your chemistry homework? I studied-,"

"I know! Dad, I just want some space from you!" I groaned.

"Space?"

"Yes. Space. It seems like no matter what you've had me by your side. I've been to Scotland Yard more than any criminal could ever dream, and I've read so many people I could start a catalogue-,"

"You didn't bother to read your teacher?"

"No. Because I've been trying to ignore it." I sighed.

"You can't ignore what people are, Jade."

"Dad. No one else is like me." I cried.

"I am."

I stood there and watched my dad frown. He looked at the floor and shook his head.

"What about mom?" I asked.

"No. Jade I told you, we don't talk about her-,"

"Why not!" I groaned. My dad shook his head and motioned to the street.

"Can we just get a cab, and go home. Please, Jade." My dad pleaded.

"You can. I'm going to visit Mycroft."

"Suit yourself." Sherlock sighed and hailed a cab. I began the short walk to the Diogenes Club and walked down to Mycroft's office. I knocked on the doorframe and he looked up at me from my desk.

"Oh, hello. You don't visit often. What does Sherlock want?"

"I want answers." I stated shutting the door behind me.

"Answers?"

"What happened to my mom? Who was she? Anything?"

Mycroft looked at me for a moment, then opened a drawer in his desk where he pulled out a thick manila folder. He slid it across to me and I opened it to see a whole file with pictures of her from security cameras since the year 2015.

"I heard about Sherlock's interest in her when they first met, so I kept an eye on her." He said.

"She's... she looks-,"

"Just like you? Yeah." He answered.

"Is this why dad has been so protective?"

"More than likely, I haven't really thought about it." Mycroft answered.

"My mom is actually dead?" I asked.

"Yes. She is." 

______________________________________________________________

Man talk about writers block. Hope I'll have more later! :) 

Comment and Vote!