33. "Dead."

I stood in front of Sherlock's black marble tombstone and stared at it. I could hear someone approaching, but I didn't turn around.

"She's moved into his flat. She refuses to let anyone in. Mycroft even stopped by the other day to see her, but she wouldn't let him in. Please John, maybe visit her now and then?" I heard Mrs. Hudson's pleading voice.

"I can't go back to the flat again – not at the moment. I don't think she should be there either." John sighed.

"She won't leave, she said she can't." Mrs. Hudson responded as they approached me and John put his hand on my back. 

"I'm angry." John said to me. 

"It's okay, John. There's nothing unusual in that. That's the way he made everyone feel." Mrs. Hudson said and I frowned, leaning into John's side. "All the marks on my table; and the noise – firing guns at half past one in the morning!" she added.

"Yeah." John said and I felt tears in my eyes. 

"Bloody specimens in my fridge. Imagine – keeping bodies where there's food!"

"Yes." John added closing his eyes. Tears ran down my cheeks and Mrs. Hudson continued starting to cry as well.

"And the fighting! Drove me up the wall with all his carryings-on!"

"Yeah, listen: I-I'm not actually that angry, okay?" John asked and I couldn't help but smile a bit at his comment. 

"Okay." She responded. "I'll leave you alone to, erm... you know." She said. She walked away and John grabbed my hand.

"Should I... um?" he asked nodding to the tombstone.

"Um... mmm. You... you told me once that you weren't a hero. Umm... there were times I didn't even think you were human, but let me tell you this: you were the best man, and the most human... human being that I've ever known and no-one will ever convince me that you told me a lie, and so... There. I was so alone, and I owe you so much." John said and nodded. He turned to me and nodded.

"Okay." He said, his voice cracked. He began to turn to walk away, when he turned back around. 

"No, please, there's just one more thing, mate, one more thing: one more miracle, Sherlock, for me. Don't... be... dead. Would you do...? Just for me, and Liz, just stop it." John begged, crying. "Stop this." John added motioning to the tombstone. "I'll leave you two... do you want me to wait in the cab for you?" John asked. I went to say no when he answered, "I'll wait for you." He said. I watched him walk off as I sat in front of the stone, staring at it.

"I thought you loved me." I sighed.

"I do."

I looked around like a crazy person. I swore to god I heard his voice.

"Sherlock?" I asked.

"Go to the cab." His voice said. I sat there and looked in the direction of the voice.

"Sherlock, please come out. Where the hell are you? I need to see you!"

Nothing.

No crunch of a tree branch under someone's foot.

Not a sound, just the wind and the engine of the cab. I wiped my face and stood up.

"Fine. Have it your way. It's always your way." I stated. I walked back to John and he helped me into the cab.

The cab pulled up in front of 221B and John looked at the door.

"Have a good night Liz. If you need anything, call me." John smiled. I nodded and climbed out of the cab walking into the flat. I smiled at Mrs. Hudson who was coming downstairs from the flat.

"Hi dear," she said.

"Sorry for taking so long at the cemetery," I said to her.

"Oh, don't worry about it! You needed it." She smiled hugging me. I walked upstairs and took off my coat and sat it on the dining chair. I looked at the kitchen table where Sherlock's latest experiment sat. I smiled and looked at the paper. It read,

"C2H6 + O2 ---> 2CO2 + H2O"

I looked over the table and grabbed the beaker of water.

"Don't touch." I heard Sherlock's voice. I jumped, dropped the beaker and looked up to see Sherlock standing in front of me.

"Sherlock!" I screamed.

"Shh, don't say anything. I can't be here long." He began as I stepped over the glass and ran over to him. I pulled him close and kissed him. "I'm not really here, Liz, you're imagining this..." he added.

"I don't care if I am, I miss you." I said. I touched his face and cupped his cheek in my hand. "I missed you so much." I said kissing him. He put his hands on my waist and pushed me away.

"Sherlock-,"

"Don't find someone else. Don't." he begged, tears in his eyes.

"Find someone else?"

"Don't cheat on me." He added.

"Cheat? You're dead."

"Not in your heart," he said tapping my chest with his forefinger. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to he could put his arms around me. I held him close and he rubbed my back.

"So... if you're not here... that means I'm hugging air right now?"

"Basically."

"Let's go to your room." I sighed. He eyed me and I laughed. "So I can hug you without someone thinking I look stupid." I pulled him to his room and I laid down putting the blanket around us as I curled into his side. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head as I closed my eyes and fell asleep smelling his scent take over the bed.

_______________________________________________________________

Well... I'm not good at being emotional and sappy so sorry if the chapters weren't that good. :)

Vote and Comment though if you did enjoy them! :)