49. "Drinks."

Christmas

I watched Sherlock's father enter the living room and I sat with Mycroft and Sherlock at their parent's table in the kitchen.

"Oh, dear God, it's only two o'clock. It's been Christmas Day for at least a week now." Mycroft complained. I laughed and shook my head as his mom brought over a few cookies on a plate. "How can it only be two o'clock? I'm in agony." Mycroft complained some more.

"Mikey, is this your laptop?" I heard Sherlock's mom ask looking down at the silver laptop on the table, with a cutting board on top of it with peeled potatoes and their peelings.

"On which depends the security of the free world, yes... and you've got potatoes on it." He sassed. I couldn't help but stifle a giggle. Sherlock peeked up at me and I smiled at him.

"Well, you shouldn't leave it lying around if it's so important." His mom retaliated.

"Why are we doing this? We never do this." Mycroft said motioning to everything around him.

"We are here because Sherlock is home from hospital and we are all very happy." She said. I smiled at Sherlock at he nodded his head.

"Am I happy too? I haven't checked." Mycroft replied.

"Behave Mike." His mom scolded once more.

"'Mycroft is the name you gave me, if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end." He said. Wiggins walked over and held out a glass of punch with fruit in it. 

"Mrs. Holmes?" Wiggins asked her. She looked at him and took the glass.

"Oh! Thank you, dear. Not absolutely sure why you're here."

"I invited him." Sherlock smiled.

"I'm his protégé, Mrs 'olmes. When he dies, I get all his stuff, an' is job." Wiggins replied. She looked at Wiggins, slightly alarmed by his statement.

"No." Sherlock stated as he picked up the paper and began reading it.

"Oh. Well, I help out a bit." Wiggins said looking like a sad puppy.

"Closer." Sherlock said. Mycroft and Mrs. Holmes looked at Wiggins.

"If 'e does get murdered or something..." Wiggins added and I shook my head at him, as did Sherlock's mother and Mycroft.

"Probably stop talking now." Sherlock advised and I grabbed Sherlock's hand, making him set the paper on the table to read.

"Okay." Wiggins replied.

"Lovely when you bring your friends round!" Mycroft said to Sherlock.

"Stop it, you. Somebody's put a bullet in my boy... and if I ever find out who, I shall turn absolutely monstrous." Mrs. Holmes said and she looked over at the counter.

"Ah. This was for Mary. I'll be back in a minute." She said

I took a sip of the drink Wiggins gave me and Sherlock smiled down at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just admiring you," he whispered.

"You still on that pain medication?"

"No." he scoffed and I shook my head. I went to kiss him when he pulled away. I figured maybe he didn't realize so I cupped his face in my hands, but he pulled away.

"Sherlock?" I frowned.

"Not right now, parents..." he began. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. He held up his finger and walked out of the kitchen leaving me alone. The longer I sat the heavier my eyelids felt.

"Mary? Jesus Christ. Mary?" I heard John in the sitting room. I stood up, gripping the side of the table as I walked over to the room.

"Joh-ohn?" I asked tiredly.

"Liz, are you alright?" he asked. I felt my legs fail me as I fell to my knees.

"Ow," I mumbled. I shook my head and tried to stand myself back up using the arm of the chair he sat Mary on. John looked over at the tea and then looked at me confused as I sat on the floor by the chair. Sherlock came in and I crawled to his feet.

"Don't drink Mary's tea." Sherlock advised. "Oh, or the punch." He added. Sherlock Holmes drugged us. But why?

_______________________________________________________

Oh, but why? Haha. Writing this is beginning to make me nervous. We get to see my original ideas soon.

Comment and Vote :)